OMG. I lost two pounds. ME. Mearlie. Lost. Two. Pounds.

Options
I was going to weight watchers for over a month and gained a pound. They kept telling me to "believe" and to keep coming and it would work. I kept thinking there was something really wrong since I didn't have to count fruit and vegetables.

They were also pushing that new gadget, the active link. Thank you SOOO much Weight Watchers, for trying to sell me that thing. Because it made me start looking for an alternative. And I discovered the fitbit. Although THAT gadget is a little pricier, I don't have to pay to USE it. Yes, they charge $5 a month just to USE it. And it's non-transferrable. Once you buy it, it's YOURS forever. And there's a couple more arguments I have to buy fitbit instead of active link but I'll stop there.

Then I learned that the fitbit will sync with myfitnesspal, a FREE online tool, but NOT with weight watchers etools!

So I came here.

Then I learned that I like the food diary here at MFP much BETTER than Weight Watcher's etools for a good few reasons.

And you know what's even funnier? I don't need the fitbit. I'm losing weight without it.

Why? Because I'm tracking EVERY SINGLE calorie. Or at least that's my thinking thus far.

I lost two pounds! Yippee!

Replies

• teioneon
    teioneon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! Keep it up!
  • SquidNebula
    SquidNebula Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome. :D Welcome to MFP!
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!

Fitbit is addictive though! I started walking, then said f that, I can jog! And then I registered for 5K, and another. And another. And an 8K!

You know you can link fitbit and MFP - that's pretty handy too.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Way to keep it simple. Way too many people overthink this **** and that is exactly why they don't lose weight. JUST ****IN DO IT!!!! And you ARE! and you are going to keep seeing results. Keep it up.
  • kama_no
    kama_no Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well done :-)
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    wonderful... I always questioned my friend at work who never counts strawberries, but eats like a couple of pints a day??
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    GREAT POST! And cheers for your 2 lbs!!!
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I always lost weight but MFP has helped me to stay focused for almost 8 months now! Happy journey to a happier and fitter you!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Kudos!!!
  • mearlie
    mearlie Posts: 224
    Options
    Samblanken, I still plan to buy the fitbit, but I downloaded MapMyRun and it's helping me to "gadgetize" my walking - now I can put the fitbit on a list of things I want for my birthday or something :)

I think the fitbit will be most beneficial bc I think it will help me increase my daily activity. That's what the active link is SUPPOSED to do, but from all the reviews I'd say many people are not at all motivated by it.

Just very happy I found this website, this is better for me.
  • Charismasme2
    Charismasme2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE!!! Your gonna rock this!! Friend me if you'de like, I can always have motivated, caring friends!!!
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My husband joined WW online for men, he printed out some recipes (which I like) but when I put the ingredients into MFP I found I could usually only have 1/2 of a serving. I'm still losing weight, however, he's been paying and gaining....LOL he just doesn't get "it" or doesn't want to do what I'm doing. Love your post and Love MFP!
  • a_stone_girl_dances
    Options
    YES! Excellent job and thanks for sharing your insight!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Great job!

I prefer the detailed tracking of calories/macros vs. weight watchers points too. Welcome!
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Samblanken, I still plan to buy the fitbit, but I downloaded MapMyRun and it's helping me to "gadgetize" my walking - now I can put the fitbit on a list of things I want for my birthday or something :)

I think the fitbit will be most beneficial bc I think it will help me increase my daily activity. That's what the active link is SUPPOSED to do, but from all the reviews I'd say many people are not at all motivated by it.

Just very happy I found this website, this is better for me.

I bought my Fitbit almost 5 months ago, and it still keeps me motivated! :smile:
  • mearlie
    mearlie Posts: 224
    Options
    My husband joined WW online for men, he printed out some recipes (which I like) but when I put the ingredients into MFP I found I could usually only have 1/2 of a serving. I'm still losing weight, however, he's been paying and gaining....LOL he just doesn't get "it" or doesn't want to do what I'm doing. Love your post and Love MFP!

I'm sure the WW plan is working for lots and lots of people, but I'm pretty darn good about food choices, even when I'm not on a diet. What I'm not so good at is portion control. Especially when I don't have to "count" it.

There's not a huge difference between logging foods from WW to MFP BUT for ME and what I EAT, I can easily find alot more foods in the MFP database. With WW etools I was constantly saying to myself "eh, this food is close to the one I just ate". Here on MFP, the database houses more foods that I, Mearlie, consume.

Maybe that would be motivation for the hubs? Tell him to try the food diary for a day and check it out? I really think this site is better, I really, REALLY do. And... did I mention that it's FREE?! lol
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keeping track of everything you put in your mouth really does work. It's slow sometimes and it's still not easy, but it does tell you when you're doing it right and when you're doing it wrong and gives you the info you need to adjust things to work for you.

Added bonus that it's free!

Although don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a fitbit or similar, gadgets are nice, too!
  • Kimdidit
    Kimdidit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That is Awesome :0) Thanks for sharing.

Kim
  • LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    That wonderful. Congratulations!!!

I like MFP the best, too. It really works for me. I've been doing more and more exercising because of it, too. I want to see those burned calories!

Now you need to update your ticker so that it shows those two pounds, your first two, I might add. Go to your "My Home" tab and find "Weigh-In" in the menu on the left under "Your Diet Tools."

Keep it up!
  • RohitOberoi
    Options
    Nice work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!