Let's talk about Kegals..

Options
Yes. Kegals. I bought a jump rope that came in the mail today, and for the first time in my adult life, USED ONE! It was Great!! I didn't forget how! I even was able to do 25 reps (or whatever they would be called) and did that at least 5-6 times. It's a start.

The only issue, is that The first time I gave it a go, I felt the urge to GO.. lol. Made the necessary trip, and then it was a bit of a challenge to do the next few sets without issue, but managed.

Enter KEGALS. I have known for some time I needed to start those, but have been putting it off.

Realistically - how long will it take of doing them, before any difference is noted? any thoughts?

Tina

Replies

• Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    In for answers on this one
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Kegels?

depends on what you are looking for...if you are looking to be tighter for sexual intercourse...not long at all...

however if you are looking to be stronger (it is a muscle that's why we flex it) for better sexual intercourse...then it will like all muscles...need practice, training and upkeep...

just keep doing them...they are good for you.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    In for answers on this one

This
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    I'm doing mine now....
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I'm doing mine now....

Video or you're lying
  • ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Kegals just make having sex wonderful..and funny when you give a squeeze and hes likE OMGGG! but other than that i couldnt give u an estimated time haha
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    The lady is asking how long it will take her to so she doesn't leak when she jumps people!

To the OP-I imagine there is a lot of variation with this. Some women find kegals solve all their problems in this area and others end up needing medical intervention...A lot of my runner friends experience this problem and just live with it :(

I have not had this problem but I would say do them as much as possible and you will know within a month or so if you're going to have improvement
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this too as I have the same problem. How many do you do and how many times a day?? It's embarrassing.
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    page 2 of the May Clinic site suggests results within a few months.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/kegel-exercises/WO00119
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!

And while, yes, I was wondering about preventing leak issues(though that didn't happen today, I just want to make sure it doesn't)

That said, it appears there are extra added benefits that we might find -- enjoyable :) LOL!
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    It may take a few week to see an improvement in your leakage issues. If you do not see an improvement pleas talk with you GYN.
    You may need to get tested to see if you are doing them properly. Many think that they are doing them correctly but in reality are not triggering the correct muscles.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/kegel-exercises/WO00119

http://women.webmd.com/tc/kegel-exercises-topic-overview