I'm loosing motivation :(

Options
I've been stuck at 143 for about 3 months now. I told myself this is okay, but when 2010 hits I need to do something about it. Now it's January and I see little changes or nothing in my weight.

I'm at the point where I just want to give up and just be happy with 143, but I'm trying desperately to keep motivated.

I tried eating more at breakfast and less for dinner and that didn't work out. Now I'm starting to eat less calories which is bad I know, but it's only 200 less than 1200. Sometimes I'd just eat one heavy food and that's it for the day.

I hate driving to the gym. I'd buy my own threadmill, but it's too big inside the house says my roommates.

I'm trying this 10 minute toning down video. I'm not sure if that will help.

What do you guys think I should do? I really want to loose 10 lbs.

Replies

• ideretic
    Options
    I saw a video where some famous fitness trainer (forgot his name) is saying that you should actually eat more because if you don't your body is stashing everything you eat and is not allowing you to spend . it's body;s survival technique. I also read about it many times..
  • JPriceGA
    JPriceGA Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Is 1200 all the calories you're supposed to eat?

You've lost 15 lbs! That's awesome! I had a very long plateau last year, and it took finding the right combination of exercise, plus a trip to my doctor to make sure there weren't any physical issues before the scale started tipping for me. Turns out I did have a confounding medical concern! Medication made it easier to exercise, and the plateau gave way.

One way I stay motivated is remembering what happens when I give up... things don't get better.

Hang in there BinkyB00!
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I would say you may have to change things up a bit, but I'm not sure what you are currently doing. I don't know if the 10 minute toner is the only exercise you are getting or it's because you have been eating too few calories & not exercising much & your body has gotten used to it & you have severely plateau. Even a month at the same weight is alot ofcourse if you desire to lose more weight which you clearly would like. Perhaps if you would post a bit more of your routine, we may be able to help more without feeling like throwing out ridiculous or harmful information depending on what you may be currently doing.:smile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    There are some good free workout videos here: http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/all/?videotype=free-full-length
  • binkyb00
    binkyb00 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast now because when I did before sometimes I'd gain a pound that week. I'd eat a sandwich for lunch. Usually tuna or egg sandwich. I let myself eat a fruit for snack or a potato chip. For dinner I would eat rice mix with some kind of meat. I sometimes drink a soda or hot green tea. That's my usual routine now. I'm not gaining any weight, but at the same time I'm not loosing any either.

I don't work out. I used to, but it's a pain driving from home after work to the gym beause of the heavy traffic. Do I really have to work out? Because I'm already eating less than my calories.
  • murraygal21
    murraygal21 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am a writer, and have been blogging about my weight loss. When I start to get unmotivated, I think of how I felt at over 200 lbs. And I have only been dieting seriously for 52 days, but have discovered it's really easy to get unmotivated. This last time I had it happen, around the holidays, I wrote a something that made me laugh and literally, got me to stay on track ....

Maybe it'll help you! If nothing else, maybe you'll laugh a little!

http://captivatefitness.blogspot.com/2010/01/top-10-reasons-fat-is-good.html
  • kaiulani3793
    Options
    I agree with NotSurprised. It's hard to offer advice when your workout routine or eating regiment is not clear. Depending on how and what you eat, have you tired doing 5 to 6 small meals a day? Like 300 calorie carb based breakfast to give you energy, a small fruit or humus and pita chips for a snack, a lean protein and two servings of veggies for lunch and dinner, a protein based snack like nuts or low fat cheese stick between lunch and dinner, and something sweet for dessert- sugar free jello or 200 calories worth of dark chocolate. (The chocolate is a must have for me. :D) The more you work out the more you should eat. Eating like this helps to keep your metabolism boosted.

For exercise, try to include some weight training. Hire a trainer to show you how to use weights correctly or help you design a workout plan, this is ideal if you've never worked with weights before. If not, try doing cardio workouts that involve 2-5 lbs weights. The reparation your body does to repair muscles burns more calories over time.

Hope this helps! I had to revamp my diet and workout plans when I hit that 10 lb plateau too. These were just some of the things I did to help after the holiday break. So far it's working but I have a feeling that once my body gets used to my workouts that I'll be changing my routine again. It helps with the boredom at least.

Good luck! Stay positive! :)
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast now because when I did before sometimes I'd gain a pound that week. I'd eat a sandwich for lunch. Usually tuna or egg sandwich. I let myself eat a fruit for snack or a potato chip. For dinner I would eat rice mix with some kind of meat. I sometimes drink a soda or hot green tea. That's my usual routine now. I'm not gaining any weight, but at the same time I'm not loosing any either.

I don't work out. I used to, but it's a pain driving from home after work to the gym beause of the heavy traffic. Do I really have to work out? Because I'm already eating less than my calories.

i think you need to overhaul your diet & increase workouts. withwhat you listed you're not getting any veggies and not enough protein. tuna & egg sandwhiches have mayo & salt which certainly wont help!

what were you eating for breakfast that caused you to gain? I'd suggest starting the day with protein, 2 eggs scrambled with some salsa on top is only about 190 calories and the protein will give you energy & keep you full.

For lunch try soup or a salad or if you're sticking with a sandwhich switch to deli meat with lettuce & tomatoes or whatever veggies you like.

For dinner, rice & meat isnt bad but add some veggies, mix in a can of tomatoes or some spinach (or both!)

And finally I'd suggest increasing your workouts, you can rent workout videos from most libraries or go online like BrendaLee suggested. get yourself on track with the 10 minute video a day and then slowly increase it, switching up the routines so you're not getting bored (and your body stays "confused" and you don't plateau

good luck!!!
  • kaiulani3793
    Options
    Totally agree with you Nikiki. Those are some sound recommendations. I've lost the most weight when I increased my veggie serving. Also, if you have Netflix, there are some great workout videos on there. I use that and my Wii to get my workouts.