I DON'T GET IT!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Options
Can anyone please tell me, I am losing weight, and I even do over 100 ab cruches as well as cardio and weight training and I still have only lost a half of inch off my waist in over 2months could you please tell me what I am doing wrong or what I need to do seeing my waist is one of the main areas I would like to really lose inches and tone. I am getting frustrated!!!!!!

PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO??????????

Replies

• maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Don't stress. It'll come. You can't "target" one area, but losing overall is a great thing. keep it up, and congratulations on finding something that's working for you!! :)
  • areufnkiddingme
    areufnkiddingme Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My guess is your diet. I would suggest either opening your diary and letting others troubleshoot, or speak with a nutritionist and find out how you should be eating to hit your goal.
  • tdhayes75
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! The lack of inches lost may have something to do with the foods that you're eating...moreso than the exercises that you're doing at this point.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    If you're losing weight then you're doing it right. You can't "spot treat" fat loss. It comes off where it comes off. For example, I lose weight in my face really easily, but not my waist. 1/2 an inch is a good amount of progress, so don't get too down on yourself! Just keep at it.

Also, crunches don't do anything to minimize fat. They'll build your abs, but if there is fat on top of that, you won't be able to see them no matter how many you do. You have to burn the fat first. Keep it up!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Be patient. We can't chose where the fat comes off first. If you are losing weight, you are doing something right. Weight training (heavy weights not barbie weights) will help with maintaining/gaining muscle which will make you look smaller and healthier. Cutting carbs *may* help reduce belly weight a bit faster, but this is a bit controversial so it may or may not help you.
  • macromouth
    Options
    losing weight takes forever. maybe you're not burning enough caloreis per workout or over estimating the amount of food you're eating. 2 months is not a long time at all. Dont believe the supermarktet magazines. Losing 8 pounds in 2 months sounds about right.
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Have you lost 46 lbs since this July? If so, I'm not seeing a problem. I joined this July and my highest is 37 so far. I've been on a plateau for a short time and waiting for it to break. Be patient with yourself. You've lost a lot.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    If you are like me, you carry your weight around your midsection. It is the first place you gain and the last place you lose. The only way I have lost significant inches around the waist before was when I went low carb.
  • FITNLUVINIT
    FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouraging words and @beecuzz I started eating healthy and exercising March 26, 2012. I am losing lots of inches almost over 40 inches, just coming off very slow in the aggravating gut heeheee :)
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Pick up the cardio...walk on the treadmill, on an incline if possible and use the stationary pedal bikes!
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Cardio. Doesn't have to be intense, but it will help. I walk right now, since I'm pregnant. I have a book (The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises) which actually offers a prenatal workout. I think I'm going to make a copy of that and follow it. My cardio right now is walking. I try to get in at least 30 minutes a day of light walking (ie not fast). Today, between my job and the shopping I did, I net 110 minutes of walking at a 2 mph pace. I plan on going shopping again after I get off work, which will put me at probably 60 minutes. I might cut that in half depending on how much I stop.

I wish you could spot train, but you can't. You get kudos for the crunches and situps though. I hate them. I used to not be able to do them, honestly. I can now, but they still aren't my favorite form of ab training.

If you are in decent shape, possibly try some interval training. Bodyrock.tv is a good place to go for that, although I've heard to look at their older stuff. It seems their newer stuff isn't as great. Also, I think all of their videoes are on Youtube, if you wanna check them out.
  • FITNLUVINIT
    Options
    @ Macromouth Thank you for the comment, I actually started out with a 47 waist in March so I have lost but I have been stuck and only have lost 1/2 inch since July. but I have actually lost 9 inches on my waist, do you think it could be my fiber intake isn't enough??
  • FITNLUVINIT
    Options
    @derekkj22- I do the treadmill on the highest incline 15 and I walk /run on the treadmill and have been doing that as my cardio on top of swimming 40 laps in the pool and weights of course. I have lost a total of 9 inches off my waist since March but the last couple of months I've only lost 1/2 inch. I just thought I should be losing more off my waist but I seem to be losing everywhere else but there.
  • trishhy
    Options
    It will come. Much of it is cardio to get the waist measures down. I see with clients the weight loss sometimes drops off and the inches fall off.
  • FITNLUVINIT
    Options
    Cardio. Doesn't have to be intense, but it will help. I walk right now, since I'm pregnant. I have a book (The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises) which actually offers a prenatal workout. I think I'm going to make a copy of that and follow it. My cardio right now is walking. I try to get in at least 30 minutes a day of light walking (ie not fast). Today, between my job and the shopping I did, I net 110 minutes of walking at a 2 mph pace. I plan on going shopping again after I get off work, which will put me at probably 60 minutes. I might cut that in half depending on how much I stop.

I wish you could spot train, but you can't. You get kudos for the crunches and situps though. I hate them. I used to not be able to do them, honestly. I can now, but they still aren't my favorite form of ab training.

If you are in decent shape, possibly try some interval training. Bodyrock.tv is a good place to go for that, although I've heard to look at their older stuff. It seems their newer stuff isn't as great. Also, I think all of their videoes are on Youtube, if you wanna check them out.

I do my cardio on the treadmill on a 15 incline for an hour everyday 5 days a week walking at 3.7/ 4.2 running this does not include my 40 laps in the pool or my weight training 5 days a week. I am still losing inches I have lost a total of 9 inches all together in the waist just been stuck the last couple of months only 1/2 inch. Thanks for the comments it is greatly appreciated!!!!
  • FITNLUVINIT
    Options

[/quot
    :happy: :happy:
    Thanks for the info. I do usually 70 min 5 days a week on the treadmill on the highest incline 15. I usually walk/run at 3.7 walk and 4.2 for my run. I have been doing this on top of changing up on my cardio to doing 40 laps in the pool. I guess I need to give it some more time I have lost 9 inches off my waist since March but only here lately only a half of inch. Could it be my fiber intake???
  • prophetessmom
    prophetessmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Can anyone please tell me, I am losing weight, and I even do over 100 ab cruches as well as cardio and weight training and I still have only lost a half of inch off my waist in over 2months could you please tell me what I am doing wrong or what I need to do seeing my waist is one of the main areas I would like to really lose inches and tone. I am getting frustrated!!!!!!

PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO??????????

It might be really helpful if you posted your food diary. That will really help people see where you may be having too much of one thing and not enough of another. Just a thought. Hard to tell just from exercise.
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Foe mw ot has always been first on last off. My waist is the first place I put on weight. then hips, arms, face etc. So I am losing it in reverse order. It could be the same for you.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    If you open your food diary, people might be able to give more specific advice. Losing weight is really more about diet than exercise.
  • FITNLUVINIT
    Options
    If you open your food diary, people might be able to give more specific advice. Losing weight is really more about diet than exercise.

Thanks I just posted it to be open for all!!!! I didn't know how to just figured it out :smile: