Inches > Pounds.. I'm not sucking after all.

Options
So the last few days I've been pretty discouraged- not really seeing much of a change and when I stepped on the scale this morning my fears were confirmed.. no loss. No change at all.

And then I took my measurements (as I do every Saturday since beginning). I began loading everything into MFP on September 7th. I took my measurements on September 8th. Since then, I have lost 12 (TWELVE!!) inches!!!!!! I took "before" photos but have yet to take progress photos. I'll do so on the 8th of next month when I next weigh- after some research, I've decided to up my calories to my BMR- and gradually add in 400 additional calories since I'm breastfeeding and so I'll be weighing and taking pics once per month.

But there I was, upset, discouraged, until I recorded those numbers and added up the difference from the 8th until today. 3 weeks.. I lost 12 inches in three weeks. Every bead of sweat and every curse word yelled at the screen while doing that STUPID (and oh so effective) 30 Day Shred (I've only done 8 days thus far) and every step on that treadmill has been absolutely worth it for those 12 inches.

Cheers my fellow MFP-ers. On to day one of lifting with the simply shredded program with a happy heart (and waistline).

Replies

• dellashanks
    dellashanks Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Great job and keep it up!
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Very nice!! This is why I don't own a scale...they're evil -_- I lost 9 inches doing p90x, but only about 2lbs...measurements are def the way to track it...great job girl!!!
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Excellent and inspirational! Keep up the great work!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Great work! I'm trying so hard to not pay such close attention to the scale this go. I figure if it is a lifestyle change, I'm not going to be wanting to live by the scale my whole life, so why do it now? Keep up the hard work!
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much guys- it is certainly keeping me going! And as an added bonus my new adjustable dumbbells just arrived from Amazon.. 4 days early! Hurrahhhhhh
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    Great work! I'm trying so hard to not pay such close attention to the scale this go. I figure if it is a lifestyle change, I'm not going to be wanting to live by the scale my whole life, so why do it now? Keep up the hard work!

I have been guilty of this for so long.. either I live my life AVOIDING the scale or I live my life anticipating (or dreading) stepping on it every day. I'm trying to get to a place where I can forget that little demon exists altogether.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    The inches are even more exciting to me than the pounds. Great job!
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    So I am now halfway to my goal (at least my weight "goal") although I have pretty much decided to get as fit and trim as possible to be a solid 4/6 in everything so weight is ehh.

I took my measurements again this week.. and this is what I've got so far:

09/08/12 10/27/12
    Chest..........37"...................34" (-3) * (this is chest below the breasts (I'm breastfeeding so boobs vary)
    Waist..........35.5..................32 (-3.5)*
    Hips............44.5..............40.75 (-3.75)*
    Butt.............46.5.................44 (-2.5)*
    Belly............43...................38.5 (-4.5) (This is the baby belly, spare tire thing below the bellybutton)
    Arms...........13.5................12.5 (-1 each)*
    Thighs.........26...................24.5 (-1.5 each)*

That's 17.75" altogether.. whoop whoop!! (ignoring the "belly" measurement bc that one is just for me.. it's not a REAL measurement you'd be asked for anywhere)

I'm tall so it doesn't FEEL like I've lost that much.. but it's good to have hard evidence that the work is paying off!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!