Calorie intake help

Options
Hey :) I'm just wondering if anyone could advise me on how many calories I should be eating per day and how many I should aim to burn per day to have at least 1lb loss a week....?
MPF tells me but after reading through posts and following the recommendations its given me the past 2 weeks and having no loss in pounds or inches I just don't know whether to believe it or not anymore and I'm really starting to lose hope :(
I"m 5'4.5
157lbs and looking to get down to 129lbs
38-32-40

Thank you in advance for any kind of help :)

Replies

• kaylabrianna
    Options
    For WOMEN: 655 + (4.35 x Weight in pounds)+(4.7 x Height in inches) - (4.7x Age)= BMR The amount of calories your body burns just from being alive

Step 2: Take that number and multiply by your activity level: 1.2 Sedentary (little to no exercise) 1.375 Lightly Active (1-3 days a week) 1.55 Moderately Active (3-5 days a week) 1.7 Very Active (6-7 days a week)

Step 3: LOSE weight: Subtract 500 MAINTAIN weight: keep the number the same GAIN weight: Add 500

The final number is the amount of calories you should eat a day :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    2 weeks isn't really long enough.... U didn't put all the weight on in 2 weeks!

If u open ur diary then people could give u more ideas?
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Bump, I want to look at that calculator later, thanks!
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    For WOMEN: 655 + (4.35 x Weight in pounds)+(4.7 x Height in inches) - (4.7x Age)= BMR The amount of calories your body burns just from being alive

Step 2: Take that number and multiply by your activity level: 1.2 Sedentary (little to no exercise) 1.375 Lightly Active (1-3 days a week) 1.55 Moderately Active (3-5 days a week) 1.7 Very Active (6-7 days a week)

Step 3: LOSE weight: Subtract 500 MAINTAIN weight: keep the number the same GAIN weight: Add 500

The final number is the amount of calories you should eat a day :)

Thank you lovely :) I'm gonna work this out shortly!