Keeping Motivated

Options
I, of alll people, know it's hard to stay motivated to work out. But, I found some tips that Thehelp me, and I thought I'd share! :)

1. If you're like me, the only time you have free and to yourself is in the morning. But, it's hard to get up early. To get myself to get up, I put my alarm clock on the other side of my room, so I have to physically GET UP and turn it off. I also put my workout clothes, running shoes, a water bottle and a protein bar by my bed. The act of chewing wakes up your face, and once you get dressed and running, your brain has no idea what just happened.

2. Non-food rewards. These might different for you, since I'm an 18 year old girl, but my rewards for myself are usually boots, clothes and piercings. (ears-nothing crazy!) But non food rewards keep you motivated, and get you to lose weight to get that next reward.

3. Keep a goal sheet. If your goals are visible to you every day, It's easier to stay on track. Also, I like to keep a poster board with the pounds I've lost marked off to keep me motivated.

What about you guys? What keeps you guys motivated?

Replies

• Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Motivation…. this place here is doing some to motivate me. I do that with the alarm clock as well. I would like to hear other's motivational techniques as well. I used to listen to motivational speakers a lot… I may start doing that again. It keeps the mind working in a positive direction...
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I get re-motivated every day when I get home from work and stick this damn O2 tube in my nose :sad:
    I get re-motivated every time I want to go shopping and cant be sure if I'll be able to breathe without the O2 during it
    I get re-motivated every time I put a pair of jeans on and they're baggier than they were a month ago.
    I get re-motivated every time I increase the amount of weight Im tossing around during my workouts each night.
    I get super motivated when one of my kids, or my fiance', or one of my friends, or my boss et al remark on "how good I look"..or "how much weight have you lost?"

Id trade one of you that alarm clock across the room thing for one morning of needing it. I get up every damn day between 130 and 2 a.m. without an alarm clock. Ive actually never used an alarm clock and dont even know how to use one. :blushing: