What to do with cottage cheese and ricotta cheese?

Options
xxnellie146xx
xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
Help! I have some cottage cheese (I can't just eat it plain...I find it gross) and ricotta cheese and I am not sure what to do with it. Any ideas would be appreciated :flowerforyou:

Replies

• juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    put it in the bin...! Eat something nicer! :-)
  • terricakes
    terricakes Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ricotta cheese added to a tomato based pasta sauce makes it lovely and creamy, but still low calorie.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    1 packet of stevia and 1/4 tsp cinnamon per 1/2 cup makes them much more palatable.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You can:

1. Mix cottage cheese or ricotta cheese into mashed potatoes

2. You can melt or spread on toast with low sugar jam or blueberries

3. Make low cal blue cheese dressing with the cottage cheese using your food processor and other ingredients

4. Make a dip - use Ranch dressing seasoning and the food processor.

4. Use either in a veggie lasagne

5. mix into a pasta dish to make a creamy tomato sauce and pasta dish

6. Make a spread with olives and other tasty items and put it on crackers.

7. Make a cheesecake:

http://www.blogilates.com/recipe-index/low-calorie-cottage-cheese-cheesecake

Cottage cheese is an excellent food and a good source of protien and calcium.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese - use it as a salad dressing, blob it onto toast with some sort of spread - marmite is good, but pumpkin seed butter or any other strong flavoured spread would do, add a load of berries and eat as dessert
  • LiftHuff
    Options
    can't help you with either. ricotta I find repellant, and cottage cheese I only have one recipe:

1. Open container
    2. Pour in mouth
    3. Profit.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    make a lasagna

make ww pasta and stir 1/2 cup of each of them into it, add some sharp cheddar or swiss and enjoy.

mix it into muffins/brownies/pancakes
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I love pepper on cottage cheese, but you can add fruits. Pineapple & Mandarin oranges are nice!
  • ekburnet
    ekburnet Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK 71 pounds is something to be very pround of. Try the cottage cheese or ricotta cheese in a fruit smoothie.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I like to blend my cottage cheese with protein powder and almond/coconut milk some times. Other times I eat it straight up with berries. Try mixing some pumpkin puree in and pumpkin spice :)
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    You can add them to scrambled or baked eggs. My girls love baked eggs. Scramble a bunch of eggs, mix in some cottage cheese and shredded cheese. Put in a ramikin and bake for 30 min (until it is fully cooked) at 450 degrees
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I made wonton lasagna in muffin tins using ricotta and cottage cheese as the cheese layer. They were about 170 cals each. Just make lasagna like you normally would, only insteaed of pasta and a baking dish use wonton wrappers and a muffin tin.
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Eat it,DUH!

lol but really, ricotta is a good addition to omelettes, makes it creamier! Cottage cheese is really good inside a half of a cantaloupe.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake.
  • Embooya
    Embooya Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Mix the Cottage Cheese up with a Banana...Good Stuff.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    put it in the bin...! Eat something nicer! :-)

if you don't LIKE it and you don't like the things that are made with it then do this! I don't believe in eating foods you don't like.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I don't know the actual recipe but a few months ago I put ricotta, cocoa powder and sweetener together and used an immersion blender to beat it until it was the consistency of mousse. Very tasty. A food processor or blender would probably work as well. After I got the flavor right I let it sit in the fridge for a day. That let the cocoa powder get absorbed a bit better and the flavor develop. It was pretty damn tasty.
  • homemomfreda
    Options
    You can make Biggest Loser Oatmeal pancakes with your cottage cheese - delish!!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    chop up some tomatoes and add them to the cottage cheese with some black pepper as for the Ricotti cheese make some cupcake lasagna if you want the recipe its on here in recipes in the forums one of my MFP friends has it on Sadly though I dont remember who But I do have the recipe saved if you want it message me
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Stuff pasta shells with ricotta and spinach with a little marinara sauce on top. DELICIOUS!

Dang it. now I'm starving, thanks a lot! :)

typos