For the women out there!!

Options
I have a question that i am hoping it is not me doing something wrong but the wonderful genetics of being a woman. For the past week i have been on a roll with loosing weight. I have even have deficeited 200 or so sometimes. I was doing great but recently in the past 2 days i have gained. I am about a week from my monthly friend that visits, is this normal? I heard we gain about 5 pounds of water weight? I am just getting discouraged and i am hoping that is the case.:( Thanks for your help.

Replies

• Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    I'm going through that too. I think the bloat time is different for everyone. Like I was losing really well until Thursday when the scale gave me the same number as last week. And Friday I gained 3#! Then I got my visit and it made sense to me. When you are bloated, regardless of the reason, just make sure to drink LOTS of water, and it will keep the bloating down to a minimum.
  • Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, but I always gain the week prior to mine - it was so discouraging in the beginning, but now I know what it is and often do not weigh myself that week.

Good luck!
    Adele
  • pianojoce
    pianojoce Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY! I know I put on a couple of lbs of water weight, which then leaves again in a day or 2. :)
  • Slim34
    Slim34 Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm n da same boat .. was stable then woke up this morning and gained 2pounds ... I did eat a lil more yesterday too but It's all because my friend is in town .. ; )~
  • sweeti6919
    Options
    thank you so much, it feels good to know that it is normal:) I am trying really hard to loose the weight, but i get discouraged easily. The last two times i was in my prime weight, i got breast cancer at 23 and gained it back and mono the second time.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Wow, sweeti, that was young!!! It seems like a happy ending though...with that lovely wedding picture!:flowerforyou:

Don't be discouraged...drink lots of water or sometime herbal teas (Raspberry zinger by Celestial Seasonings) can act as a diuretic. Watch your sugar and sodium!

Hang in there and remember the scales only tell part of the story!

DD
  • rajni
    rajni Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I have lost about 10lbs when I started on fitnesspal.It's a great site but now I'm having problems loosing my weight. In fact I gained 2 lbs.Please help.Is it normal?
  • SkinnyCate
    Options
    Wow, sweeti, that was young!!! It seems like a happy ending though...with that lovely wedding picture!:flowerforyou:

Don't be discouraged...drink lots of water or sometime herbal teas (Raspberry zinger by Celestial Seasonings) can act as a diuretic. Watch your sugar and sodium!

DD

"Remember, the scales only tell part of the story!"

HOW TRUE! I love that! Reading that just now made me think of how I am a little obsessive with all of these numbers -- calories in, calories out, the number on the scale -- all of that is fun for me to keep track of, gamelike even, but the REAL success is that I am FINALLY being KIND to my body! An epiphany on a Sunday night - just what I needed to start off the work week! :happy:
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options

DD

"Remember, the scales only tell part of the story!"

HOW TRUE! I love that! Reading that just now made me think of how I am a little obsessive with all of these numbers -- calories in, calories out, the number on the scale -- all of that is fun for me to keep track of, gamelike even, but the REAL success is that I am FINALLY being KIND to my body! An epiphany on a Sunday night - just what I needed to start off the work week! :happy:

Catesula- You just woke me up. I to am so gunhoe with numbers I have to understand the real reason for eating healthy & getting fit is too live a long healthy life. So, from now on as long as I am eating clean & getting my workout in I am not going to stress what the scale says. Thank you for bringing me back to reality.

And yes Sweetie, I go through the same thing with the weight gain but, it goes just as fast as it came when Aunt Flow leaves. Good luck Hun!!!!!
  • nessie994
    Options
    Hi.
    I have another female question! I have been on birth control pills and when my doc switched pills on me last year, I gained like 15 pounds, nothing else changed. Is this normal?