What diet?

Options
What diet is everyone on out there?

Replies

• kevokie
    kevokie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as a "diet". Think of it as more of a lifestyle change. I'm just counting calories and watching my macros (carbs, fats, protein). Next week I'm cutting the carbs and doing a ketogenic plan.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    The "whatever I want within my calories and macros diet!".. :)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    What diet is everyone on out there?

I eat foods I enjoy while tracking calories, protein, carbs, and fats. When I want to lose weight I eat slightly less calories than I need. When I want to gain weight I eat slightly more.
  • mdb543
    mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    P90X fat shred
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I want to go back on Paleo
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as a "diet". Think of it as more of a lifestyle change. I'm just counting calories and watching my macros (carbs, fats, protein). Next week I'm cutting the carbs and doing a ketogenic plan.

This..
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I eat foods I enjoy while tracking calories, protein, carbs, and fats. When I want to lose weight I eat slightly less calories than I need. When I want to gain weight I eat slightly more.
    This. Exactly.
    This too. Nothing is off limits as long as it fits within my calories and macros (and once in a while, even when it *doesn't* fit).
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I'm also on the eat whatever I want as long as it fits in my calories and macros diet.
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options

Yes, this one.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I'm also on the eat whatever I want as long as it fits in my calories and macros diet.

This!
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy doing macros
    until i can go on my lifestyle program.
  • Gremlinz
    Gremlinz Posts: 3,259 Member
    Options
    No diets, diets are crap.

Eat properly, work out/exercise, and the rest will fall into place.
  • LaneyRZ
    LaneyRZ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    There's a reason the word "diet" contains the word "die", diets always die. A diet is not sustainable in the long term, because it usually means restricting or severely limiting yourself from certain foods, usually ones you love. You crave them and crave them until you can't take it anymore and then you binge and feel terrible because you went off your diet.

As someone else mentioned, this is a lifestyle change. I eat what I want, when I want. I just eat way smaller portions of it. I'm not restricting myself from the foods I love, so I don't feel deprived at all.
  • neentree
    Options
    I agree, it's a lifestyle change. I've just been eating healthier, more fruits and veggies, less fatty foods and junk food, and have been exercising more, mostly running and yoga :). Been having smoothies for breakfast and I love it. I've been feeling so much better. Other than that I'm vegetarian, have been for years :).
  • mmychal
    Options
    I call it "eating healthy stuff."
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I'm too much of a rebel to follow any particular diet. I focus on meeting nutritional goals instead.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    di·et/ˈdī-it/
    Noun:
    1) The kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats.
    2) A legislative assembly in certain countries.

I habitually eat a protein shake for breakfast, some kind of chicken or turkey or ham something for lunch (usually a wrap), and whatever my wife cooks for dinner. There are veggies, yogurts, cheese, some chocolate from time to time, homemade protein bars, eggs, oatmeal, plenty of bananas, etc, etc, etc. There are days we go out to eat too.

At the end of the day, for the most part, it's calorie count and macros to the best of my ability.
  • HMToomey
    Options

^This one!
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Mostly follow the national food guide. Once a week something out of calorie range. Uuummm Junk.
    and exercise.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    di·et/ˈdī-it/
    Noun:
    1) The kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats.
    2) A legislative assembly in certain countries.

This.

Habitually, I eat lots of beans, lean ground beef, chicken breast, protein shakes, egg whites, frozen veggies, and oats.

I try to be in the vicinity of my macros, and my calorie goal. and I make it a point to be normal and eat what is served in social situations.