Looking Back at "Weight" Memories....

Options
As I'm losing weight, I'm recalling various little emotional stages in my weight gain as I hit those numbers again, only.... backwards.
Started losing before I joined this site..... started at 182.....

Once I hit 175 I remembered how I was uber-depressed that I couldn't find a prom dress I looked good in, during my senior year.

Once I hit 168 I remembered my junior year of high school, how I played Tzeitel in our theatre production of fiddler on the roof, and I was terrified of letting two of my fellow female classmates have to lift and carry me around the stage during the wedding scene. I was afraid they wouldn't be able to do it, that they would drop me, and/or they would judge me based on my weight.

Once I hit 162 I remembered the summer before my sophomore year when we first bought a scale at home. Don't remember if there was much of a purpose of owning one... but this was the first time in my life that a scale was available to me at any time to know my weight. I stepped on when no one was around and started crying that I had let myself go that far.

Now I'm 160, and approaching the next weight mark - 155, which was what I weighed when I started high school and had low self esteem and began wearing jackets constantly no matter the weather to hide myself (which is a habit I'm STILL trying to break). After that there are a few more weight marks with memories to arrive at and overcome. One of the biggest was at 135, when my wrestling coach told me I should drop to 103 and that was another crying moment for me.

Does anyone else have memories associated with certain numbers?

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I'm too busy being in awe/jealousy of you being a female wrestler to conjure any memories.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about how close I am to 220, the weight I was when I got married. I'm going to be hubby to 200 as well, since he doesn't exercise. :P