How to listen to music while running?

Options
2»

Replies

• david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I use an MP3 which zips in my pocket. The wire goes under my shirt and I have earhooks. Never any trouble...
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If you can afford it go for some wireless headphones
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I have ear buds with a plastic piece that wraps around my ear to keep them in place. I keep my iPod in the front section of my camelbak and run the cord through a loop on the shoulderstrap of my camelbak to keep it in place.
  • Cugster
    Cugster Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i use bluetooth earbuds. They are awesome! Plantronics Backbeat 903 + bluetooth stereo earset. Model 83800-01. Got them on ebay for $44. Totally worth it!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I had this issue and went through many pairs of wireless headphones trying to get good ones.

http://www.buy.com/prod/frisby-2-gb-wireless-cordless-sports-mp3-wma-player-headphone-with-sd/212953655.html

These ones i have now and have been using the past......3-4 months.

They are battery powered, and they sit on your ears (wireless).

However, if you sweat terribly, you may want to consider a head band while using these, because people suspect

if you sweat ridiculously, the sweat can destroy the usb port.

And they hook straight up to your comp, and you drag and drop songs on it like it is a flash drive.
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I run my YurBuds cable up my running top. The Yurbuds are fantastic, and "lock" in the ear.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    i stuff my iPod in the center of my bra.:laugh: !!! it stays PUT!

I would do this but I don't have enough chest to support the ipod hahaha :)
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    they now have a music pod that is small and thin as a size of a pack of matches. (It might be smaller) get the ear wires that hook around your ear. It can fit anywhere on your person even your shirt pocket. My girlfriend got one and I was amazed at the sound it gave for such a little device it was like stereo!
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Maybe cordless headphones/earclips-over-the-top-of-the-ear already exist and I just don't know about them---but if they haven't been invented yet, someone should seriously start working on that.

I can't wear earbuds at all--they fall out immediately no matter what size.

Edit: I see someone did post that they do exist...I just have to find them, looks like.
  • CDG1013
    CDG1013 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I use the Jaybird Freedom Sprint bluetooth ear buds. No wires to get in the way...designed for working out and have lifetime warranty against sweat. After about 6 months with these (and the predecessor Jaybird Freedom) I will not go back to wired headsets.
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I use a mp3 player about the size of a cigarette lighter (old tech but useful). I run the earbud cord down the inside front of my shirt and plug it into the player that is in my running shorts pocket. The friction of the shirt keeps the cord from pulling the earbuds out all of the time. Typically do not have any issues other than I need to reseat the earbuds ocassionally...

Also I have put the mp3 player under a hat and ran a short length of cord to the ears. This seemed to work ok but I could not change the player settings during the run...
  • pt85
    pt85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Why not ditch the device and listen to the Music of the Spheres? It sure is easier....