Ohio Newbie

silverfoxie
silverfoxie Posts: 15 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
H i Everyone !! I just joined myfitnesspal a few minutes ago and I am very excited about it. I am a 67 year old , that needs to be healthy to keep up with my ever-growing family . Thru the grace of God, I am going to do it this time, because I have a few heart problems, and I have been so careless, I really have to lose this weight. I hope to meet a lot of friends in the same boat, and will also be here for moral support for others. Blessings!!

Replies

• Welcome. I also live in Ohio so it's nice to see someone in the same region. This site has been helpful to me. I am not a good dieter. With this site I don't feel like I am dieting. I am making healthier food choices which is really what I have needed to do the whole time. I am 31 years old and I was still eating like I did in my teens. Not good! My wake up call was when we had a life insurance adjustor come to our home to evaluate us. We were signing up for a policy following the birth of our son. He was a month old at the time. They weighed us, took our blood pressure, all that stuff and they guy told my husband he would rate his health as "excellent" but could only give me a "good". He told me to call him when I lost 5 or more pounds and he would change the policy. I signed up for this website shortly after. I had lost 5 lbs initially but I have since gained it back. I wasn't totally committed at first and had way too many cheat days. Now I am committed entirely. Working out has become easier and eating healthier hasn't been as bad either. It's actually kind of fun to see how creative I can get with my food choices. I have gone to the library and gotten some fun cookbooks and it's exciting to try out the new recipes. I never realized I was in a food rut before and was really limiting myself on what I would eat. I feel better too. I am committed to losing this weight. I was trying to lose it before I got pregnant and its still here afterwards. Everyone says, "Oh, but you had a baby so it's ok." It's not though. I weigh the same as I did before I was pregnant and I am still trying to lose the same 30lbs. No more excuses! When the next New Year hits, I want a new me as well! Welcome to the site and good luck to you!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Welcome from another Ohioian. :flowerforyou:
  • silverfoxie
    Thanks so much for the encouragement. I know what you mean about diets. I even hate the word. lol. Any word that starts with die, forget it, right?? Well, it's a new beginning for me, again, but I am sure gonna work on it. This really looks like a wonderful site, and I found it this morning when I was surfing to find a calorie counter . You won't believe, I have a brand new treadmill sitting in my dining room, and haven't been on it in 2 months. Now that's not even American !! Hahahaha. Hopefully, I will get over my chest cold in a few days and can get started on it again. Bless you dear, and good luck !!
  • silverfoxie
    Thanks so much for the welcome !! I can already tell this is gonna be a nice friendly site. Good luck in the first month of this New Year!!!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Welcome, from another Ohioan.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    This is such a great site. Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. Hope you start feeling better soon! See you around!
  • silverfoxie
    Thanks Dear !!! Good luck to you and Happy New Year.
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Welcome from another Ohio person. Unfortunately, I'm a Steeler fan living in Cleveland.

Doug
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    :flowerforyou: welcome to MFP silver.........good luck on your weight loss journey know THAT YOU CAN DO THIS .... and hope you get better soon :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.