Calorie accuracy in MFP

Options
I was wondering, currently, I do some weight training, according to a schedule. I use a Polar FT60 to keep track of the heart zones, and calories burned, then enter that information into Fitbit, which comes over to MFP as "Weight training from FT60".

I see that MFP has an area for "Weight Training" for exercises, but it looks like it wants each individual exercise, sets, reps, and weight. I was wondering, (I'm too lazy to actually try it out), does this information that's entered into MFP equate to the total calories that the FT60 says I burned, or would it be an estimation of each individual exercise, and to get the total, I'd have to add them up? However, I don't see any place to actual put in calories burned, or even the total.

Which would be a more accurate reflection of the actual calories burned, the MFP estimation, or the Polar number? I'm leaning toward the Polar number, and thinking the actual entry of each exercise would be for folks without a setup like what I have.

Not really a "life or death" question, as I don't "live by the numbers", just an idea of the "guzzinta" vs. the "guzzouta".. If A>B, I loose weight, if B>A, then I gain... :happy:

Replies

• lewis350
    Options
    Enter your details from HRM under cardio, strength training and modify to your calorie burn on HRM