making good progress and my thoughts

Options
I commenced using myfitnesspal from Aug 11 and have so far moved from 101kg to 91.8kg, a loss of 9.2kg or a 9.1% loss of fat. I seem to be averaging around 1kg loss a week, but am expecting this to slow down.

Myfitness pal has really educated me a lot about food and food choices. In the past I did a lot of walking, sometimes upto 30km a day, but ignored my food input, I stopped the weight loss at 94kg and became disheartened. I even do a coastal 137km walk over 7 days through some pretty tough beach sand and only lost 1kg over the week as I did not watch my food intake.

I have not really felt hungry at all so far on this journey, although some days I have felt a but light headed, assuming this can be a sugar issue. I see a pattern at time, a couple good days, and then a day where I feel ordinary for part of the day. I have also upped my water intake to about 3litres per day, including tea and coffee drinks in this amount, drinking the fluids in straight water is a tough call.

For my exercise I do at least 40 minutes of walking in the evenings, which sometimes includes a bit of jogging. Nearly every Friday night I play about an hour of social badminton. On Sunday mornings I go for a 45 minute bike ride. I'm keeping gym membership in reserve if I can't shed the weight once I get down to below 90kg. Gym work may also be using for toning up. My ideal weight based on BMI is supposed to be 77kg, but I would be wrapped if I get down to 80kg.

My wife started her weight loss before me, but has not included much exercise and her pace of loss is a lot slower at about .5 of a kg a week. It is also interesting to note how one of my daughters had a phenomenal weight loss several years ago du to her medication reducing her interest in food. she has recently gone off the medication and now seems to only eat carbs, flavoured milk and soda, and you can almost see the weight gain appearing as she eats . Of course she is not interested in my words of warning, but may become more interested when she no longer has any clothes to fit into.

In short the myfitnesspal has been the missiing ingredient that has made my weight loss so much more effective this time around. I don't feel deprived and enjoy saying to myself that the piece of fat enriched cake or sugar loaded soda that I deny myself will mean I have replaced a short term feel good with a much longer lasting feeling great from not eating the stuff.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!