Looking for Support Buddies with Similar Stats!

Options
Hello! I'm a 45-year-old mom of two kids with 60 pounds to lose. I would love to have a support group here at MFP to cheer each other on to our goals!!! Please post here and we can decide on a positive name for the group to post under. WE CAN DO THIS..... TOGETHER!!! :-)

Replies

• mdb543
    mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I love your motivation!!!
  • tjstiteler
    tjstiteler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a 47 year old mom with about 45 lbs to lose and would love to have an online group to chat with and give and receive encouragement from. Not sure of a good name for the group would be though.
  • Iamslimandfit
    Iamslimandfit Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Alright, tjstiteler, it's you and me so far!!! We are officially a support group now!!! Who else out there is ready to make progress toward the goal of living a more fit and healthy life? We don't always have to be "up," but I'd like us to keep each other thinking positively about moving toward our goals..... one day at a time. Any good ideas for the name of our group? Taking suggestions and new members NOW!!! :-)
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    I love your motivation!!!

Thanks, mdb543!!! It all begins in the mind! I am working hard on focusing on the POSITIVE!!!
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    Bumping this up to get some more people involved!!!
  • Ldevinemk
    Ldevinemk Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Count me in....I'm 45 with 3 kids and about 30ish lbs to lose. Actually need to lose 40...but I wanted to set a more realistic goal. My mind is in the game this time. This calorie counter is a blessing and i thank my sister n law for introducing it to me. I started walked 2 weeks ago. I've walked everyday except 3 days. I try to walk for 30 mins. Another tool that I am using is "recording" the Dr Oz show. Sometimes I feel he is speaking to me on some of his topics. One tip that I learned is that 3 out of 4 people are low on Magnesium which is why ALL of us are tired. Look him up on line to see his tips....most importantly if we eat enough foods high in magnesium, the "tired" and "exhausted" goes away. I have already practicing this and feel the difference. Therefore...no more need to spike yourself with carbs, energy drinks and sugars...and no crash. I would love to join this support group. Tell me how to find updates and postings. I'm not real savy with the computer. LOL
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    Welcome, ldevinemk!!! So far, we are a support group of 3, but we will name our group and I will create the group under "Groups" under the "Community" tab at the top right of the page, and we will get this show on the road!!! Best of luck to you in your journey to better health and fitness! Way to go on walking consistently most days for 2 weeks!!! All of your hard work and effort WILL pay off! So glad you are here! :-)
  • Ldevinemk
    Options
    Thanks Iamslimandfit. I appreciate you setting this up and encouraging others!!
  • carrie1610
    carrie1610 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'd love to join too. I'm 45 with one child. I've managed to lose 10 lbs already using this site and would love more support for the next 30 lbs!
  • DonnaAnn64
    DonnaAnn64 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I'm 48 yr wife and mom, and now a new gramma too!! Our youngest is graduating this year , last one at home. I've happily lost 22 lbs using the mobile app on my phone...I love it......
    I am a yo yo dieter, and a binge eater ..I have (pretty much) sizes 8 to 18 clothes in my closet to accomodate my weight gains and losses over the years. I did quit smoking 3 years ago..yay!! .and it had been a steady weight gain since.

I hit a low point a little while ago, by hitting my highest non-pregnant weight, (I havent been pregnant for 17 years... I shed a tear that morning, and then drew a line in the sand...and here I am! No more excuses for me.

I have 40 lbs to go, and am determined to do this...but, keep it off...a lifestyle change is in orderfor me , when it comes to food.
  • Ldevinemk
    Options
    Great Job on the weight loss to both......I too have clothes in different sizes.....I am really anxious to get back into them!! One lb at a time! :-)
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    Okay, so now we have 5 members of our group, if I am counting correctly. Let's get this show on the road! Welcome carrie1610 and DonnaAnn64! What would be a good name for our group??? I am thinking of something positive, with a "mind over body" theme. I believe this journey starts with a positive mindset, if we are going to truly make healthy living a lifestyle change we can enjoy for the long haul. We can do this if we really put our minds and bodies to it. Healthier eating choices, more consistent exercise, and staying focused on the POSITIVE are all going to help us on our way to our goals!!! Please give some name suggestions for the group, so we can begin under the "Group" category, under the "Community" tab above. I will start the group as soon as we have a name! Thanks Everyone!!! Looking forward to giving and receiving lots of support and encouragement for the journey ahead! :-)
  • carrie1610
    carrie1610 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I like 'Think Positive' that's on your photo.
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    The members I have so far are:

1. iamslimandfit (me)
    2. Tjstiteler
    3. Ldevinemk
    4. carrie1610
    5. DonnaAnn64

Who else is on board??? Name suggestions, please!
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    I like 'Think Positive' that's on your photo.

carrie1610: I like "Think Positive," too, but want to somehow incorporate the action part as well. It all starts with positive thinking, but if we don't take action, too, we won't get very far! LOL!
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    What about calling our group "Mind Over Body?" There are already a few groups that have "Positive" in the name, so I thought this might be a good alternative. Since we already have 5 people who are interested, I will create the group and message each of you with this name. I will use my "Think Positive" sign for the group avatar. Hope you will join me! We can do this together!!! :-)
  • shershack
    Options
    Hi, I'd love to join too! I'm a 48 year old mom of 2 boys. I have been on the myfitnesspal for about 2 weeks and have lost 14 pounds and would love others to talk with and get meal ideas:tongue: GO TEAM!!
  • kissmevodka
    kissmevodka Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Are you still open for new members? I'd like to 'hang' somewhere and share the ups and downs.

I'm 48 (and one day) ;), with one teenager at home - all the others have grown up and left home. Second marriage with 5 kids each. One at home is nice and easy!
    I need to lose 26-30 pounds. And I have NO idea how that happened! I've been trying to lose weight on and off for 4 years now and am getting so tired of it. I really need to re-focus and train myself to have better eating habits.
    As a chef/foodie, I love my food, eat well, no to little junk food (there's the occasional blow-out) but my portion sizes are out of control. sigh. So hard.
    Aaaaanyway. Can I join? Huh? Huh? :)
  • Ldevinemk
    Options
    Hi kissmevodka....of course you can join.....iamslimandfit started the group, but she seems really "on the ball" about connecting with all of us. You can friend me, and maybe join the group that way. Actually I have no idea how to really work the website, but am learning. This is great to connect with others like this.
  • Ldevinemk
    Options
    The members I have so far are:

1. iamslimandfit (me)
    2. Tjstiteler
    3. Ldevinemk
    4. carrie1610
    5. DonnaAnn64

Who else is on board??? Name suggestions, please!