Substitute for Sweets

Options
Hi everyone!!

I dont really have a problem with eating veggies or laying off fried foods when I set my mind to it. I do; however, have a problem with finding a dessert craving substitute. Does anybody know of a satisfying substitute for the following :

brownies
cookies
cappaccino ( did I spell that right lol)

Thanks for any suggestions!!

Replies

• ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into the weight watchers individual desserts in the frozen food section? I always liked those a lot! I haven't figured out the cappucino yet. I am a Starbucks Mocha addict and am still trying to determine what to do about that.
  • JMKelmer
    Options
    I'm totally the same way, Vitabrownies (100 calories) or Vita muffins really help me out. They are in the frozen food isle. I have those plain or with a little fat free cool whip and its like having real dessert. I also like the WW ice cream bars. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • lgfeilmeier
    Options
    I totally agree with the vitamuffins! Only 100 calories.

Regular boxed Devils food cake muffins are a good switcheroo too, you can make it with diet coke instead of oil. It's cheaper than the frozen food options, and less fat than regular cake. Don't make a cake though, make the muffins so you keep portions in balance.

Otherwise, there is always the "No-pudge" brownies from the health food section of the grocery store. You make these brownies with low fat yogurt which cuts out the calories from egg and oil.

(I'm in the same boat as you so I'm always looking for a method to get some dessert!)
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Maria,

In my opinion, you can still eat your sweets, just in moderation. If you keep track of your calories and dont go over, why not indulge?!? But to kick off your weight loss try 90 calorie granola bars and or yogurt? Your just going to have to make some sacrafices in the beginning lol :oP
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I agree with the WW desserts, they are really good! And not bad in calories and fat! They are based off of the point system, which is the same that this site seems to be based off (meaning I am on both sites and they work together very well!).

Also, the "skinny" version at Starbucks are much much better than the regular for cappaccinos and lattes. That was a switch I HAD to make!!
  • Rdy2Lose128
    Options
    I also agree with the WW smart ones desserts. Honestly they have kept me going. My favorite is the Chocolate chip cookie dough sundae 170 cals 3 grams fat. As for brownies, my sister says she uses about 3/4 can of diet coke with her brownie mix, nothing else and they come out great. haven't tried it yet though.
  • ema21043
    Options
    I enjoy cake fresh from the oven . . so i have been making cup cakes from a box mix, subsitute applesauce for the oil and egg beaters for the whole egg and each cup cake is about 95 calories, no added fat. I leave off the frosting!