Weekend Out-Of-Control Eating! Help :)

Options
Happy Saturday!! =)
Please tell me how you control your eating on the weekends! I feel like every weekend, my family has something going on that always involves food and a lot of it. I feel out of control. Last night was my office annual cookout, so I ate way to much, "junk". Today was my hubbys birthday, so of course I had to eat a cupcake and we went out to eat. It's always something! HELP! THANKS GUYS!!

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I just try to eat as clean as possible in the weekdays so that I can indulge over the weekend and not do too much damage, but then I am on maintenance calories, and not weight loss, but I know others here loosen the leash so to speak at the weekend and eat clean the rest of the week, and make sure to get in a workout.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I just think you have to learn to deal with all of these occasions somehow or you'll have trouble losing the weight. I speak from experience. I used to try and avoid going out due to this...but that's no way to live! :\ So I try to plan out my days. If I KNOW I'm going out or have a special occasion, then I'll still eat throughout the day, but try to save more calories for the meals out or choose the better options and get in more activity for that day or week. It's always going to be a struggle, speaking for myself, but I'd rather struggle with what I'm going to eat and wear great clothes and FEEL good vs not feeling good and still struggling with what I'm going to eat. I hope that made sense...it's been a long wknd and it's not even half over. ;)
  • tiffanypettyjohn
    Options
    Thanks a bunch! I plan to attempt some damage control tomorrow. Have a great weekend!
  • 826alice
    826alice Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    YES I UNDERSTAND AM IN THE SME BOAT START OUT EATING WELL THEN BLEW IT WELL I KNOW WHAT GOES SO YOU STAY FOCUSED AND KEEP TRYING AND FOR ME I WILL DO THE SAME GOOD LUCK
  • smokedragon97
    smokedragon97 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My mom always said, "Don't put off tomorrow, what you can do today!" That being said - TODAY is the day for damage control. Eat light - maybe soup and a salad; then go walk for 20 minutes or however long you can tolerate - something that will get you back on track.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I mean this in the nicest possible way:

You need to start by taking responsibility for your actions. You're in control of what you choose to eat or not eat, and you can't just be a victim of your surroundings. I practice intermittent fasting, which is great for social occasions because it isn't unusual for me to eat a 1k+ calorie meal. So I go to said activity, eat like a normal person, making decent choices, but indulging if I really want something, and then eat less the rest of the day.
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    First thing is to admit that you are not out-of-control, nor are you a victim. You saw yummy stuff, you ate. You knew it was not a good idea, but you chose to do it anyway.

Other than that, plan your meals ahead of time. Bring food and healthy snacks along if only junk will be available.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Workout regularly and eat a little less during the week, and you'll have plenty of calories to spare for the weekend!
    You've also got to learn how to tell yourself no. Just because the food is there doesn't mean you have to eat it. Stick a piece of gum in your mouth. Drink water or diet soda. Eat a hamburger or hot dog without the bun. There's plenty of small changes you can make, but they all require willpower in the face of food right in front of you.