Detox Baths.

Options
Ok so I have done research on them and made sure to drink lots of water when I did mine.. I was suppose to sweat a lot but.. I was a bit warm.. but thats it.. I am not sure if it worked or not. Has anyone else tried one? If so what did you think and what were your results?

Replies

• Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this. But when I first read the title of your post and saw the word detox, for some reason the image of those foot pads they used to sell came into my head. You know the ones that are supposed to leach the toxins out of your body. And I had this thought, instead of a little foot pad why don't they make blankets out of them? Head to toe detox. I think I am just over tired.
  • Calm_Lotus_06
    Calm_Lotus_06 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Ha! That is an interesting concept! Makes me wonder.. I feel ya on the tired thing..:yawn:
  • fitgirlcookie
    fitgirlcookie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I did one last month and was pouring out sweat. Felt amazing after. How long did you stay in and what did you use for it?
  • Calm_Lotus_06
    Calm_Lotus_06 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I used epsiom salt and baking soda.. I was in the tub for like 40 mins...

idk.. maybe I need to add ginger ...
  • fitgirlcookie
    fitgirlcookie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I used a sea salt baking soda mix. 1 cup salt 1/2 cup baking soda and a cup of herbal tea for scent. I didn't start sweating until I was in it for 45 minutes.
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    hehe, I tried one for the first time yesterday. Same as you, I didn't sweat. Maybe a little on my forehead but...nothing crazy.

I used Epsom salt, Baking soda and tea tree oil. Next time ill add more of the salt.

I was hoping to see the water turn a weird color after a while so I knew it was getting rid of toxins, but nope.
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    And I'll use hotter water. and fill the tub more.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this. I found this link and it seems certain mixes are for certain things. Hmm...

http://www.ourlittleplace.com/detox.html

In regards to the foot pads, I feel like your foots sweats and changing the pads colors.
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I use BeautiControl's Detox Bath Soak when I want to do one. Been using their detox soaks for years and man-oh-man do they work! Of course, they are not as cheap as the homemade. I typically save mine for when I'm getting sick. I do a 30 minute soak and the sicker I am, the more the water color changes. (It's clinical strength detox) Starts off milky white and is often gray when I'm finished depending on how icky I am.
  • SavingFaith65
    SavingFaith65 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This is interesting...where do you find "recipes" or actual products sold for this? What exactly does it do for the body?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    What does it do, other than make your skin cleaner?
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    i Have a friend who has bunches of recipes for detox baths. However, she also says that you should be using purified water, and not city water, as it contains toxins such as chlorine and many others.
  • willtry08
    willtry08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this. I found this link and it seems certain mixes are for certain things. Hmm...

In regards to the foot pads, I feel like your foots sweats and changing the pads colors.

Thanks for posting this link, there's some interesting info there. I've been taking epsom salt baths for awhile now to de-stress and detox my emotional/spiritual being - I'm a bit of a new age hippy ;). I'm curious to see what happens when the baking soda or ginger goes in...
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Your body does it's own detoxing...I'm not sure what "toxins" that concoction would cause your skin to release....

I'd just stick with drinking water.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    The minute I hear the word "detox", I'm instantly skeptical. Never heard of these though.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

That's exactly what happens-- it's a chemical reaction to moisture and nothing more.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Ever since I got into my late 20's or so I've been trying to avoid doing stupid *kitten* (e.g. detox baths).
  • MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump for later.. never heard of such a thing. Hmmm!
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    aw poo i dont have any epsom salt. other wise id give it a try
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    facepalm_zps1acb2e94.jpg