Lost two days of insanity due to illness, where do I start?

Options
I was only 4 days in...should I restart from first tape? Start on cardio recovery tape, where I should have been 2 days ago, or go back a tape before that?
I feel like I undid all my work and think I might just start over..but that seems a little depressing.
Advice?

Replies

• DGrayaon
    Options
    you could start over but that does feel a little disheartening! When I've had to miss a workout i've done it when I can, either missed my rest day or done 2 workouts on 1 day. I did feel like I was going to die doing that though as I did one straight after the other, maybe I should have done one morning and one evening.
  • mhannan24
    Options
    That happened to me as well at my third week. I ended up just starting that week over because I needed my cardiovascular endurance to be at it's best for month two. It sucks starting over, but Insanity is a very intense program and you need to make sure your body is ready for the next step. Starting over couldn't hurt. And plus, it's an endless pursuit to health. There really never is a finish line. So as long as you're pushing play and doing the best you can, you're doing great!
  • squirmmonster
    squirmmonster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Don't feel sad. It didn't really undo all your work, it's just difficult to do a hard workout while your body is recovering from illness. Like even if you are not sick, it will take a few days to usually replace lost vitamins and electrolytes, which will make you feel run down faster. Just do the easy stuff until you feel ready to move on, and make sure you get some sports drink and nutritious foods.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to do the workout for 6 straight days either (due to work schedule, sore neck, etc...). Life happens, just continue where you left off. Any workout is better than no workout and no matter which one you do, Insanity will kick your butt! lol
  • IndependentMe
    IndependentMe Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I just started week over. OMG I think I pulled an ab muscle doing those ski jumps in plank position. Ouch! Sweating, sore, tired....Feel GREAT!!!!