im eating 'fast food' tonight- what is my best option?

Options
Tonight I'm going to the Bingo hall to play Bingo with my sisters and some friends. Normally, I wouldn't eat dinner- and just get the crap food they serve there (like pickled bologna/crackers/cheese, hotdog, chips, egg salad sandwhiches etc..). Since I'm not eating at home- and frankly we are out of groceries until Tomorrow- so there isn't anything to make to bring with me- I am planning on just getting "fast food"... So out of the choices I have available- what would be a good meal that would keep me under my calories for the day>???????? I have 828 remaining...... anything?

These are my choices I can choose from:

Taco Bell
Wendy's
A & W
KFC
McDonalds
Burger King
Arby's
Subway

Replies

• AGG115
    AGG115 Posts: 62
    Options
    Get Wendy's chili. That's my new favorite food since I'm broke and I don't really like how fast food tastes. Plus it's only something like 170 calories (I may be way misquoting that...) for the small and most of it is protein.

Good luck!
  • lady_of_steele
    lady_of_steele Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Wendy's chili comment. They also have baked potatoes that are absolutely delicious there. Another recommendation is a grilled or crispy chicken wrap from McDonalds and their fruit n' yogurt parfait for dessert. Or, if you go to KFC, get one of their new grilled chicken menu items and a side salad. You have lots of options! It's awesome that you're planning ahead though. I can't go to McDonalds without a plan, because I LOVE Big Macs :(
  • monnafrench
    monnafrench Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I went to Wendy's and had a small chili and a side salad. It was yummy and I didn't feel bad about eating it. I used the fat free french dressing they had.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    A plain hamburger is a pretty good and frugal bet and I said hamburger, not Big Mac or Whopper( they are almost as much calories as you get for the whole day) You could look up on the food tab how many caloriesthje food you want has and decide from there. I like Subway the best, they have fresh veggies and make your sub to what you like.. Have a great evening...
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I love the McDonalds Southwest Salad with grilled chicken. It's huge so it fills you up, has lots of yummy veggies and black beans. I had that for lunch today with the Southwest dressing and all total it was 420 calories. The salad itself is 320 then 100 for the dressing.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,711 Member
    Options
    I'd go with Wendy's and get the baked potato with sour cream and chives and a PLAIN grilled chicken sandwich. Toss the bun and the sour cream, and break the chicken up and put on your potato.
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    All of the places you suggest have healthy options. Wendy's has the most, with a variety of salads and low cal/low fat dressings, as well as a very filling grilled chicken sandwich, and of course the baked potato and chili everyone else has mentioned. Since we don't know what it is exactly you like to eat, I suggest you go to the websites for the restaurants you mentioned and take a look at the nutritional content for their menu until you find a meal you like that fits into your calorie goal for the day.
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I vote for subway, That is basically the only fast food i get.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Are you craving something specific? I personally love the Ranchero Chicken Tacos at Taco Bell on their "diet menu". They are something like 180 cals and really good. Sometimes 2 will fill me up and other times they will leave me hungry. If I was craving "fast food' I would probably do taco bell or a grilled chicken sandwich from Wendy's or McDonalds. But if I didn't really care I would probably go to subway because I feel like I'm getting more for less calories.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    PS. Good job planning ahead and not thinking "oh, I'll figure something out when I get there." That shows a real lifestyle change. Great work!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I would go with Taco Bell (but then I'm partial to them), and order from their fresco menu. The Crunchwrap Supreme Fresco Style is VERY good, and so is a fresco taco. It cuts a couple hundred calories off of the regular variety. If you have friends riding with you, you can give them your coke & drink water instead :)
  • lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    On the news one day I saw that the bk tenderGRILL salad was the best option! look it up! pretty low cal and healthy anddd TASTEY!! =)

Even a whop jr w/o chz or mayo is pretty low! yum! Just dont get the fries =)
  • AGG115
    AGG115 Posts: 62
    Options
    Oh, one more thing! I realized this the other day and it was like the light bulb clicked on: You don't have to put dressing on your salad! I had never considered that before!
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Wendy's grilled chicken ceasar salad without croutons is my favorite!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Oh, one more thing! I realized this the other day and it was like the light bulb clicked on: You don't have to put dressing on your salad! I had never considered that before!

LOL...it is the simple things....isnt it??

I was eating a sandwich one day and thought " Jeez, this is a lot of food, I will be stuffed when I am through" Then I said DING....dont have to eat the whole thing!! OMG....I felt so silly....never occured to me to eat 1/2 now and 1/2 later!!

Thanks for the smile :smile:
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options
    I vote for subway, That is basically the only fast food i get.

me too, i love it
  • Hard_To_Understand
    Options
    Go for the Subway veggie delight.
    I cant remeber exactly the calorie intake, but there is a salad version or a bed bun.
    get wholegreain bread if you get the subway
    and they have little booklets with ALL the NI in it, so double cheak when you get there.
    but they are perfect, low cal, low fat, and high fibre.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Subway may be low cal and delicious, but they get you on the sodium. Over 1,000 sodium on a 6" Veggie Delite. If you get subway, make them take the bread out of the bun.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Subway may be low cal and delicious, but they get you on the sodium. Over 1,000 sodium on a 6" Veggie Delite. If you get subway, make them take the bread out of the bun.

That's my biggest issue with Subway. I had never thought about having them take the bread out of the bun!:bigsmile: Thanks!
  • mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options

LOL...it is the simple things....isnt it??

I was eating a sandwich one day and thought " Jeez, this is a lot of food, I will be stuffed when I am through" Then I said DING....dont have to eat the whole thing!! OMG....I felt so silly....never occured to me to eat 1/2 now and 1/2 later!!

Thanks for the smile :smile:

That happened to me today =) I was figuring out calories and dh said, "you know- you don't have to eat an entire serving".. and DING DING... lol... funny how we think sometimes :drinker: