New here and trying not to isolate

Options
HI all, My name is Dennis, 44, from RI. I am pushing myself to become more involved and get more support around me. It is so hard for me to reach out for help because it is so much easier to just isolate and be by myself. That never gets me anywhere except a deeper depression. I started keeping track of my calories on here one week ago and i am down 8 pounds!! I am so happy because it took me such a long time to just START. I just needed to get over that hurdle. I am looking forward to getting to know some of you and having your support so i don't retreat back into my old habits.

Replies

• sarkazm
    sarkazm Posts: 104
    Options
    Hello, I've been on here a while but just recently started to add friends. All I can say is it definitely helps to have support...Feel free to add me.
  • murphette2
    murphette2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sounds a lot like me. It is easier for me to isolate myself too and I am trying not to! MFP support is really helping!
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and don't give up to quickly. I've found that a little exercise, even the lightest walking, does wonders and has greatly improved my self-esteem. Try it! I bet it'll work for you, too. ;)
  • jennifer41466
    Options
    Hey! Great job so far. I'm on my second week here. Add me if you would like.