Colonic Irrigation

Options
Hi everyone :smile:

Has anyone been for colonic irrigation? Not necessarlity for weight-loss but other health benefits? I've heard it can help with skin disorders hence me willing to give it a go.

However the following kinda scares me! (Talk about awkward :blushing: )

"A brief rectal exam must be carried out and then the speculum is gently introduced 1.5 inches (4cm) into the rectum. This procedure should not be painful. If you feel any pain or discomfort please inform your therapist.

An inlet and outlet tube are attached to the outside of the speculum to provide a through-flow of water going in and water and waste going out. The waste is piped away, and since the whole system is closed, there is no odour.

After lying on your left side to allow the speculum to be gently inserted, your therapist will ask you to turn onto your back. To assist elimination of waste and gas pockets your therapist may use gentle abdominal massage techniques."

what was your experience?

Replies

• jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Swearing is probably not allowed on this forum so I will do the best I can not to get scolded.

There is no way this is going to help you do anything except lighten you wallet.

Eat good healthy foods, exercise a bit, and you system works just fine.

There is nothing lurking in you colon necessitating a power enema.

Really.

(and I managed to say all that without swearing)
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Its a complete waste of time and money. Your colon has the benefit of millions of years of enema-less evolutionary history to cleanse itself,. Just like your kidneys, liver and skin. Detoxes, cleanses and everything else pretending to do a job your body does naturally are traps for people who don't understand basic biology.

Save your money, and don;t give business to companies that profit from worthless 'therapies'.
  • Lynnmi07
    Lynnmi07 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't waste my money. It's a fad. Everyone who has to get a colonoscopy cleans out their bowels and I'm pretty sure they all don't come back saying oh wow look how nice my skin now looks, must have been the bowel prep.
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have had it twice, I 'believed' all the hype about cleaning out and detoxing and wanted to kick start my body into working properly as I had become bloated.

Personally after two sessions all that was lighter was my purse (by £120) and it actually upset my body. I wouldnt have it again and I wouldnt recommend it.

I have found eating good foods and drinking water have been better for me than someone shoving a pipe up my bottom and charging me a fortune for doing so.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Well I guess I am going to be the only person who says they are awesome!

Now in saying that, I also have IBS and low HCL so I have serious constipation issues. I had a hard piece of stool in me that I had no idea I had until it was broke loose during a colonic and the feeling of relief I felt was amazing.

I lost 10 lbs of fecal matter my first visit, my stomach was crazy flat. I am going to get another before I leave for my vacation in Mexico.

I also feel great after, seriously, how can you not after taking a 10 pound dump?

But this is my experience and I do want to remind you that I have issues with bowl movements.
  • transvenouspacer
    transvenouspacer Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    First of all, I love everyone who replied. Nice to hear that there are still some people with common sense out there! Also the not swearing cracked me up.

Believe me as an RN I have had to give a few 'colonic irrigation' treatments in my day. Nobody wants to have to have one trust me.
    I wouldn't waste my money. It's a fad. Everyone who has to get a colonoscopy cleans out their bowels and I'm pretty sure they all don't come back saying oh wow look how nice my skin now looks, must have been the bowel prep.

You just made my day, I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard! Thank you :-)
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    thanks for the comments!

i have eczema and have it since i was a child. my homeopath suggested i try this as it helps to get rid of toxins. i too have terrible bloating and IBS.

i prefer natural medicine as opposed to taking a pill and therefore quite open to different options.

sounds like this works for a few but not not everyone sees results.