What I have learned

Options
I thought it would be neat to start a thread for all the newbies out there. I have recived a lot of personal mail from newbies about how i lost the wieght. So I thought I would share somethings. If some of you other MFPs would like to add on please do so, I am not the expert!

1. This is a never ending battle, you will not wake up one day and not have to struggle. At least for me I have to want this everyday and renew myself to it everyday.

2. Make changes to your life you can live with. It is not realistic that you will never eat chocolate again. But it is realistic that you will eat it in moderation.

3. Dont deprive yourself. If you want tacos, eat tacos, just make them more calorie friendly.

4. Dont be afraid to try new things. Even if your picky Ive learned your taste buds do change and things I thought were "so gross" before are some of my favorite foods.

5. Always eat at least 1200 cals and DRINK YOUR WATER!

6. Its okay to become "obsessed" - Most of us are doing this for our health not our vanity, noone else really cares what you look like and I would rather be obsessed than dead.

7. People around you will try to bring you down, especially people close to us. Its not because they dont love you but most people to not like change. They will get over it.

8. Be proud of yourself! Brag, that is why I love this site. There are people here who want you to reach your goals and be apart of the process.

9. This is a brand new moment, a brand new day. Even if you fell off the wagon, dont walk beside it ...hop back on.

Good Luck and dont give up!

Replies

• Realtychic
    Options
    Great post! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    These are great! :happy:
  • bnoggle88
    Options
    Thank you for that! The things you listed are great reminders to just take everyday at face value and to live in the moment!!

373054.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Anumie23
    Anumie23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This was just the post I needed to hear. I had a rough two days and ate a couple more calories that I should'have but I used one of your tips. This is a never ending battle and I fell off the wagon but I'm back on and recommitted to this. I'm printing your list and putting it on my fridge. Congrats on your weight loss and thanks for the inspiration!
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Thanks, these are awesome!!
  • Kizster
    Kizster Posts: 13
    Options
    I REALLY needed to hear number 6...I've been beating myself up over how "obsessed" I've become, how focused I am on trying to get healthy. So it was a blessing to see you post it as something not to worry about. =)
  • tanzmitpalmer
    tanzmitpalmer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    #3 is the one I would most definitely like to back up, with full hoots and hollers. Denying yourself of indulgences is a good way to go overboard when the craving gets desperate. It's a lot easier to be smart with your indulgences if you address your brain/belly in a timely (and healthy) manner.
  • autumnleann
    autumnleann Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Tiff, I always find you very inspirational anyways, but you have been a great influence on me! Thanks and I love you!