Take that, gym! I showed YOU who was boss!

Options
I HATE working out. As a grown woman, I've cried and had emotional breakdowns in gyms. Good times. Well, I haven't seen the scale move yet, but I've been working out since November and am almost to the point where working out feels good and not sucky. I can tell I've got more stamina.

Here's the cool part: Thursday night while working out, I started to notice that I can finally feel the muscle tone in my legs under all my flab! And, this morning, I did a spinning class for an hour and then a lifting class for an hour! I burned over 1200 calories! I feel pretty good today!

Replies

• MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    YAY!! Way to go!! Keep up the hard work...it is so worth it!!:flowerforyou:
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! I find that I too sometimes have breakdowns in the gym (especially when I see "skinny mini's") but I tell myself that I have to endure this so I will one day feel good about myself again! Good for you for sticking through it! I think sometimes we put too much emphasis on the scale and weight loss is the only form of success. But you have proven otherwise, it's about all around fitness. Being able to have the energy to do 2 one hr classes is amazing!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Congrats! It can only go up from here!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!