turning 50 this december

Options
Hello, well like most of us. I am trying to loose some weight. I am female 5'2" wieghing in at 185.2, trying to get some weight off before I turn the golden age of 50.

Replies

• mcpjan
    mcpjan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome...this is a good place to be if you want to lose weight.
  • darjo64
    Options
    I just took this first step yesterday, and am amazed by the support I have already recieved! Glad to have you onn this journey!
  • jojo37696
    jojo37696 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    welcome. I am about to turn 60 yrs old. friend me if you like:smile:
  • renehallen
    renehallen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I can relate. It's definitely harder to lose as you get older, but we can do it! I lost 35 pounds 5 years ago for my daughter's wedding, then sadly gained back 40. Feel free to add me as a friend for support! I have been at this almost a week and enjoy the support of friends. Tracking helps keep me accountable which is something I really need. Tomorrow is my first weigh in, so crossing my fingers for even a tiny loss!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Welcome and you are never too old. I will be 62 next month and have lost 50 lbs. Get a great support system♥
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    welcome, best of luck to you x
  • Oretexan
    Options
    I will be 50 in Aprl. I have been on here for a while and have lost almost 16 pounds. I hope to be down another 16 by my birthday. Wouldn't it be great to be 50 and fabulous? :). Good luck to you! I will send you a friend request.
  • rabbit1951
    rabbit1951 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Best of luck and welcome! I've been on this site since Aug. and have seen results. There is a lot of friendship and support. Friend me if you wish.
  • luvsbks
    Options
    My name is Mary and I am 58. My current weight is 249 and my goal weight for now is to get under 200lbs. My ultimate goal is 170 or so.
  • luvsbks
    Options
    I am 58, friend me if you want. This is a great site.:smile:
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good Luck on your journey!!
  • luvsbks
    Options
    I am 58. Friend me if you want,
  • luvsbks
    Options
    Sorry for all the posts! I guess you all know who I am now! LOL
  • walbrechtl
    Options
    Just started the program and looking forward to losing the weight. Im 73 and retired Army and go lax on my exercise daily exercise hoping interact with all. Also start to bicycle.
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I joined MFP for the same reason : ) 50 has come and almost gone and I am definitely fitter now! Feel free to friend me if you'd like.
  • dolphincrazy5
    dolphincrazy5 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I turned 49 on september 10th and am doing the same thing
  • yocando
    yocando Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I turned 49 in August and have 25 pounds to lose.. I'm very fit, just not a disciplined eater.
    I eat very healthy---but have trouble staying under a calorie limit..
    This site helps me see my bad habits, view others disciplined habits and seeing all the success helps me
    to try and believe it's possible for me, too!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :happy:
  • lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have each lost over 50 pounds since the first of 2012. We are both over 60. It can be done! Good luck to all. Friend me if you like.
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My name is Tracy, and I am right there with you. I decided I was not going to be fat when I turned 50 in April 2013. I started my journey on August 20, and found MFP three weeks ago. I have really enjoyed it. Wishing you all the best! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like....we can see each other progress as we progress toward 50;)