NSV - I ran! (only 5 blocks but still!)

Options
Last night I was heading to the bus to meet my husband downtown to go to a concert. there's a bus stop a block and a half away (uphill) but I left the house early and so had time before the bus came, so decided to walk to another bus stop 2 or 3 blocks away. I had just made it to the further bus stop (4 blocks away up hill) when I realized i'd forgot money! I looked at my watch. I had 8 minutes now before the bus came. Even if I speed-walked home, I wouldn't make it there AND back in time to get the bus. So I RAN. Like not just jogged, but literally all out running!

And you know what? I ran the whole way home (grabbed the $ in like 15 seconds) and then ran back (uphill!) to the bus stop WITHOUT stopping! and i found I was doing it comfortably/easily! I wasn't gasping for breath. Sure I was breathing a tiny bit heavier, but I felt comfortable and felt like I could've continued! As I was running home I was thinking to myself 'OMG, I'm RUNNING, and i'm LIKING it! and i'm not dying!' :laugh: I've never ran in my entire life. I only jogged for the first time back at the end of August when I was on vacation and to get exercise I did some short jogging spurts back and forth on the beach...).

I ended up getting home and back in 5 minutes, more than time for the bus to arrive! I still had to wait 2 minutes until the bus came! (I NEVER would've made it had i just quickly walked!).

I felt so proud of myself last night! and I just got back from a half hour walk with my dog where I did a bit more running for a few blocks! (but it's difficult with my dog because he thinks its a game and bounces up and down along side/kind of in front of me me growling and barking lol)

Replies

• nurselroy
    nurselroy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great job. I'd really like to get into running and am only able to do a minute at most right now, so I definitely can't wait to increase that with time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!