should I eat protein bars?

Options
If so, do you have any recommendations? They are so high in carbs, I'm not sure if they are worth it. It seems like shakes are the better way to go.

Replies

• vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Anyone out there? "chirp, chirp"
  • joyce1129
    joyce1129 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I do eat a protein bar every now and then. I work in retail and depending on the shift I may not have enough time to eat a regualr meal. I use Detour Bars low sugar...they are 170 calories and 15 grams of protein. I think they have 7 grams of fat and maybe 1-3 grams sugar. I use them as a sort of meal replacement or as one of my snacks.
  • wildhehr2
    wildhehr2 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I eat life choice protein bars (found at Walmart in the granola bar aisle) if I have to...they are cheap with only 14 carbs and 21 grams of protein. I also like Luna protein bars (19 carb, 12 protein), and nature valley protein granola bars (14 carbs, 10 grams protein). I only eat them if I'm out and about and can't eat at home.
  • EPortJake
    EPortJake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I eat them when I have to eat during training or when proper food is not available. If you can get the sustenance from proper natural food sources do that. Besides, some of the protein bars taste like crap.