Losing my way with clean eating

Options
Guys, i really need some help sorting out my eating. I've completely lost control and haven't eaten clean for weeks now and I hate it. Any tips for getting back on track?

Replies

• TooTatToTrot
    TooTatToTrot Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just get back to it. There's nothing else you can really do. Have some protein for breakfast, some carrots, peppers and more veggies and fruit for snacks, and maybe some grilled chicken breasts and salad for dinner tomorrow. Drink plenty of water. When I do, it heightens my sense of taste, and I can taste the gross crap they put in processed foods. Had a poptart today, and it tasted like crap.
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    The only suggestion I can make without seeing your diary is to make more time to prepare meals. Eating clean is a commitment to your body and takes valuable time out of the day that you would be socializing. If you don't have the time to spare (or are unwilling to spare it) then you will be eating dirty due to time restraint and convenience. If you want better advice, make your diary public and bump this thread and we will give you advice on how to get back on the straight and narrow. But if you are serious about eating clean, then when you bump this thread to the top of the list, include a breakdown of what your typical day might look like so we know what's eating your time and making food preparation hard.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Allowing yourself a cheat meal or two or three during the week will help keep you on the right path.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Only buy stuff you should be eating, then you have no choice.

But personally I think it's better to come to the realisation that you don't have to eat clean 100% of the time to lose weight, look good and be heathly. Allow yourself a treat every now and then and a diet is much easier to stick to, plus life is better.

Awaits hate from the clean eating brigade.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    It am not perfect but I try to eat clean most of the time. I have fallen off the clean eating wagon and it can be hard to get back on. When I eat junk, my body tends to crave more junk... The first few days are the hardest for me. I just try to make sure there is no junk around, plan lots of healthy meals, and eat at regular intervals so I don't get super hungry. I also try to snack more on veggies and nuts the first few days and a bit less on fruit. Keeping total sugar low the first few days helps me get back into a cleaner diet. After a few days my cravings tend to subside, I can add fruit back in and I don't have to keep my eating schedule as strict.
  • Sabrina__26
    Options
    I feel exactly the same way. I have really struggled lately to make the 1200 calories recommended as I find I'm missing meals due to laziness. When I do have something to eat I go for convenience rather than have to spend time cooking and opt for toast or a sandwich. Been having way too much bread lately. I really badly want to get back on track and have decided that I'm going to prepare my meals beforehand for the week and put them into the fridge or freezer. I have brought everything I need, just need to cook everything now (tomorrow hopefully). Hopefully that will help.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    download the podcast called
    "the smarter science of slim"

you will have loads of ah moments, and it will change your way of thinking with eating and with clean eating.
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Only buy stuff you should be eating, then you have no choice.

But personally I think it's better to come to the realisation that you don't have to eat clean 100% of the time to lose weight, look good and be heathly. Allow yourself a treat every now and then and a diet is much easier to stick to, plus life is better.

Awaits hate from the clean eating brigade.

I actually agree with this. Eating 80% clean and 20% cheat daily is a better sanity check than trying to eat 100% clean daily. I eat a piece of chocolate every day to keep myself in check.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Yes, empty out all the junk, and toss it. Go to the store and buy enough food for the week if you can. Temptation is half the battle; knowing what to buy is the other half.

You need a meal plan - like a menu for the week. Then set aside the time to cook and freeze meals. I can knock out 5 breakfasts, and 5 lunches in about an hour or so.

But for me, that beginning was a meal plan.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Guys, i really need some help sorting out my eating. I've completely lost control and haven't eaten clean for weeks now and I hate it. Any tips for getting back on track?

Just decide to do it. There's not much you can do in terms of analysis.
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself and move forward. Realize you will not be perfect but promise yourself to try your best every day.:flowerforyou:
  • bobbiej8
    bobbiej8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing on vacation and would keep saying, go back on my diet tomorrow. Took me a week , It is soo hard but you just have to have willpower. Good luck.