Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    lunch time workouts
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am starting to walk with the kids after dinner. I am 7.5 months pregnant, so it is hard to motivate myself. It seems to calm everyone down for bedtime. I second the "10 minute workout" idea. You can break it down to a few times a day and it will still count.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Get up early and workout.
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    This may sound terribly rude ... But ...

Eliminating TV has given me a ton of free time.
    I have 5 boys and a girl ranging from 4 to 15. I also work two jobs and go to school.
    I find plenty of time for the gym and for social activities. All I changed was TV.
    Sitting in front of the TV really sucks a lot of valuable time from someone's day.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    If you have to, break it up into small segments, like taking several 10 minute walks each day. It all counts. Doing something is always better than doing nothing.

Great tip!
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I've been finding it hard to exercise daily, just want to veg in front of the tv. At work I'm constantly on my feet and just hurt too much after work to do anymore physical activity. On the weekends it's harder I think. I did get some downhill exercise saturday when I went to my daughters cross country meet. I need to exercise more because of the arthritis in my knee, but if I do too much I'm in pain at night and can't sleep, what do I do to balance out my day?

I get up and do it before my kids are even up. It works pretty well for me because it wakes me up and I'm done before my day even gets started.

It was hard getting in the habit though. Really, really hard. You just have to do it and eventually, it will be nearly automatic.

I still don't like it and I hate getting up, but about two minutes into my workout, I'm glad I did.

If I waited until the end of the day, there is no way I'd do it. No way.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I do one of two things: 1) get up early and get my workout in or 2) the moment I get home, I put on my workout gear and workout.

I find if I try to sit after work I will not get motivated to exercise. So I get my workout gear on - go run and then come back and start dinner. While dinner is cooking I do my strength training.

Yes it is hard, but if I can do it you can do it. Hubby works out of town 3-4 days a week so I have to single parent those days/nights w/ two kids (8 & 4) and i work full time and I got to school. I still get in at least an hour a day!

You have to be committed and yoiu have to want it. You CAN do it!!!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I am going to start getting up at 5 to go workout before work. I have been trying to go in the evenings but it's not working for me at all. I'm either going to take time away from my son or I'm going to go after he's in bed when I'm super tired and ready for bed. Getting up early to go before work is hard, but it's really the best option for me.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    For me, my girls dayhome is almost exactly 1 mile from my house, so we walk at a fairly fast pace there. Days I work a closing shift, I then walk home, workout, shower, get ready, and head to work. From the bus to work to another 1/2 mile. On my feet all day at work, then a 1/2 mile walk back to the bus. So in a typical day, I'm walking 2-3 miles, at a good pace, plus trying to get a good strength workout in several times a week. Would I rather spend more time with my girls, yes, without a doubt. But working out makes the time I do spend with them better -I can run and play, and only stop when they are tired, not because I'm tired.