First 5K in the Pouring Rain!

I have been using MFP for only 3 months now, but I started training for a 5K around the middle of July and I ran the race today! It was the Forget Me Not road race, and all of the profits went to Alzheimer's Research, so I was especially proud to be a part of this. The fact that it was pouring this morning just added to the excitement and made it just a little bit more challenging. I completed it in 34:11! Not bad for a first timer! :bigsmile: :blushing:

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    AWESOME!!!!

I am running my first 5k (starting running 8 weeks ago) in 4 weeks. I hope to get a time as good as yours!
  • WillaTKC
    WillaTKC Posts: 7 Member
    IMAG0160_zpsd2fe031a.jpg

Before the race

IMAG0163_zpsc2369484.jpg

After the race, soaking wet! haha
  • WillaTKC
    WillaTKC Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks so much! I was averaging a lot slower time when training but when the adrenaline kicks in, you just put it in high gear!
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Congrats!!! That is a huge success!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 926 Member
    Awesome job!!! I would bet you become addicted and run lots more!!! Congrats to you and thank you for sharing!!
  • eksproductions
    eksproductions Posts: 138 Member
    Congrats! I believe a bunch of people I work with took part in that too! I'll have to ask them tomorrow, I know there was a sign up sheet.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    That's and excellent time for the first one! Congrats!

It rained a little on my first ever 6K back in March, but not pouring rain. I was so excited I didn't even care.
  • I trained for my first 5k, and it was incredibly stormy that day. The good thing about that was that a lot of people who signed up didn't show because of the storm, so I took 1st place in my age category -- my first race. :)

Great time for a first time! Congratulations!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,240 Member
    Congratulations, that is awesome!
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Congratulations to you for (1) your awesome time; (2) the fact that you were still willing to go in the pouring rain, and (3) running to raise money for such an important cause. Sounds to me like you were a winner three times over today :flowerforyou:
  • Well done! Glad you beat the time you expected - WTG!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!