ultra low carb sweets

Options
lilRicki
lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
My sweet tooth is seriously being tested. Anybody have some ideas for low carb treats?

Replies

• joshzaite
    Options
    I tend to keep some dark chocolate around myself. Darker the better. I have some Lindt Dark Choc Almond Crumble things right now that are pretty amazing.

You can also get creative with alternate 'flours' and make your own sweet baked goods. My wife makes some killer chocolate (read cocoa) flavored 'cookies' with Coconut Flour. Shes still fine tweaking the specifics and trying different recipes shes finding online but so far her experiments have been awesome. She made some banana/blueberry muffins too. I know banana/blueberry sounds carby but they were approx. 4g net each.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I do'nt know if it's low carb, but I love Ghiaridelli 86% cacao dark chocolate. It's very bitter but one square is enough to make me feel like I indulged.
  • jessie1487
    jessie1487 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    90% dark chocolate is my fave!
  • iluvoptics
    Options
    lots of great low carb natural sweets recipes at fastpaleo.com. try some shredded coconut unsweetened, with dark choc bites
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I make almond butter cookies with sugar free chocolate instead of regular chocolate chips and sugar free Torani syrup subbed out for the sugar.

This recipe, with the above changes (80 grams sf dark chocolate) makes 24 small cookies, at 46 cals, 3 g carb, 2 g protein, 5 g fat, and 1 g fiber. Net carbs = 2g

http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Recipe/Almond-Butter-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies.aspx
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    ricotta cheese and unsweetened cocoa powder with a packet of stevia :-) yum yum
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Make a low carb cheesecake.
  • rooster70460
    rooster70460 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Bliss Bites: 25 calories each!!!

"A recipe from Prevention magazine, looks heavenly! These are very rich, so only a couple satisfy my chocolate craving without the guilt:)"

Ingredients
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1 pinch salt 1/2 cup artificial sweetener, divided 3 large egg whites 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar (optional) Directions
    Preheat oven to 350° and line 2 cookie sheets with foil.
    In a small bowl sift together cocoa, salt and 1/4 cup of Splenda.
    In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form.
    Beat in remaining 1/4 cup Splenda, 1/2 tablespoon at a time until meringue is glossy and stiff peaks form.
    Gently fold in cocoa mixture and vanilla extract.
    Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls one inch apart on foiled cookie sheets.
    Bake 25 minutes for soft chewy cookie, or 40 minutes for crisp ones. You can customize these! The longer they bake the lighter they get, just don't over bake.
    Dust cooled cookies with confectioners sugar if desired.
  • Owsla135
    Owsla135 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I make this with splenda instead of stevia and up the cocoa to 2T. I also omit the choc. chips. Be careful, wit all of that flax one is enough or you'll be in the boys room often! Great for getting your fiber.

1 minute double Chocolate Flax muffin

1 egg
    1 1/2 tsp unrefined coconut oil- I swear this makes all the difference.
    4 tablespoons flaxseed, ground ( 1/4 cup, or 1 ounce.) Sometimes I buy mine preground. Some people call this flaxmeal.
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1/4 - 1/2 tsp NuNaturals white stevia powder
    1 T cocoa powder (unsweetened)
    1/2 T mini chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips in a LARGE coffee cup. Sprinkle chips on top and microwave for one minute. I eat this out of the cup, hot, with a spoon. YUM. I also have been known to mix the chips right into the batter, but the effect isn't quite as chocolatey.
  • gigieatss
    gigieatss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Roasted Butternut Squash with cinnamon or by itself - AMAZING and oh so healthy! :) I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    Fage - Fat Free Greek Yogurt Total 0%, 150 grams mixed with about 2 T of DaVinci sugar Free Syrup and a little splenda or stevia if you want a little sweeter. I have tried Carmel and Raspberry so far :-)
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You can try making coconut oil "bark". It's just some unrefined coconut oil, add some cocoa powder and splenda, mix well(the oil needs to be soft). Spread on a pan, place in freezer for about 20min or so to harden. It's great. Tastes like a Mounds bar.
  • claire_90
    Options
    sugar free jello! high in protein, no carbs , sweet and like 7 calories a serve
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    These are my go-to treats atm. Only 1 carb per cookie, and really yummy.

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/butter_cookies.html
  • Janelle38
    Janelle38 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    meringues using splenda. its basically fluffy baked egg whites (they crisp up) you can add cocoa, spices, vanilla etc
  • Lacebopp
    Lacebopp Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Russell Stover "Net Carb" chocolates!
  • Lacebopp
    Lacebopp Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Russell Stover "Net Carb" chocolates! 1 Carb per serving
  • flyermom824
    flyermom824 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Dannon "Diabetic Friendly" Light & Fit yogurt variety? (The 4-packs have a red coloration vs. the regular Light & Fit, which I think is purple.) One 4-oz container of the vanilla cream flavor (they make strawberry, too) is 45 calories, and has only 3 gm total carbs/ 2 gm sugars. It does use artificial sweeteners, if that is a concern for you.
    Yummy with cinnamon!
  • shellihooten
    Options
    Bump
  • WyoRed
    WyoRed Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The double chocolate flax sounds very good and easy. I have been looking for some low carb chocolate.