New to the site.

Options
Hi Everyone!

I just found this site a few days ago and didn't even realize there was a forum until today. I am struggling to lose weight and I know a lot of my problem is working out. I just moved to a new town and the closest gym is almost 30 minutes away. Without a workout partner I am finding it so hard to get motivated to work out at home.

I have a big event for my job coming up the end of January and I really want to fit into my dresses again. I am 5'2" and currently weigh 125lbs. My husband is sweet and says I look exactly the same as when he first met me, but I was only 112lbs when he met me (and a lot of that was muscle) so I know he is just giving me the appropriate 'husband response'. I know it might seem silly to be so concerned about 10 or so pounds but I am so depressed lately and I can't even look at myself in the mirror anymore. I have already gone up 2 pant sizes.

I have been trying to eat healthier by consuming lots of protein and a ton of fruit and I just added veggies too. I think a large part of my problem is portion control so for dinner I have been eating frozen meals. Probably not the best for me but I was hoping it would train me to eat smaller portions. It's been 1 week since I started my more strict diet but I haven't seen any change in my weight. I am hoping if I start to incorporate some exercises into my routine that will help me reach my goals. I am always open to suggestions of things I could be doing differently or at-home workouts that work for you.

Thanks for listening to my story :smile:

Morgan

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Noble01
    Options
    Morgan, why don't you try the eat clean diet at eatcleandiet.com. I've lost 5 lbs in the first 7 days. it's healthy and effective. you just might get 8 lbs off by the end of January! Wendy