Advice Please!!

Options
Ok so I know you can't spot reduce!

But I would like to know if anyone has any tips for getting rid of belly fat?

I've lost over 70 lbs and only have about 5-10 left that I'd like to lose. I don't want to be super muscular and super skinny. I'm a large framed 5'8 @ 175 pounds. But I'm having a hard time now, I feel like its all in my belly. I've been doing lots of Jillian michaels videos as well as using an elliptical every night. My legs and arms and back seem right where I want them and I feel like all I have left is my belly! I'm doing Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack and hope it helps but anyone have any other suggestions??

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• jstandfield
    jstandfield Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    They say the first place you gain is the last place you lose. That said there are some things you can try but they take time. First I notice people that do weighted crunches always have nice abs even with belly fat. I think it's because the ab muscle gets bigger and deeper because of the weight. Also I notice people that spend a lot of time on the stairmaster never have love handles. The body does adjust to trauma so jogging will eventually bring the belly fat down because of all the shaking. In short be patient and keep exercising and it will go away give it time.
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You have to burn fat to lose fat, belly is the last place to go! Mine is very stubborn, but is going away. Time, Time and more time!

Weight training burns more fat than cardio.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/9-ways-to-burn-fat-fast.html