New and Hopeful

Options
New to this site. Looks like a great tool.

Tried WW, OA, Vegan, Therapy, Atkins etc. etc.

Now here I am.

I am going to try eating healthy and running... always wanted to run... so we'll see where this takes me :)

Replies

• joanfudala
    joanfudala Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just signed up - have also done WW, Diet Center, LA Weight loss, etc. I am an emotional dieter who goes up and down on the scale like a yo-yo. Basically, I lack discipline. I will do great for a day, a week, even a month, then I do something that sabotages my progress and then I get discouraged. So I am going to start tracking my food and exercise starting tomorrow - I seem to do better when I am keeping a food journal or if I have to be accountable. I pray we are both successful with our efforts.
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me for support :)
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Welcome, This site is great for support and helpful information (just remember most folks tell you what they think and not necessarily what is fact).
  • skinnyjean4me
    skinnyjean4me Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am a rejoiner. i joined earlier this year and did great for 2.5 months then i moved to florida and fell off the wagon. but in those first few months with just diet and exercise i lost 20 lbs.! i have 30lbs left to go and even with everything out there I am right back here on MFP to do it cause this site really helps. Being held accountable for what you do and having a great group of people out there to help you and cheer you on even when you have a bad day is wonderful. Feel free to add me and we can all help each other out! good luck and keep your head up! You can do it!
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Would like to say WELCOME to the MFP Friends .. You have choosen a great site..It is a very supportive and friendly site.. Read the post and forums and add some friends.. You can add me as a friend if you want.. :drinker:
    1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Been using MFP almost a month and for the first time in a long time I feel in control of my weight. The support I get here is great and I love being a part of this. Feel free to add me!