Replies

• obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I think they look fine to
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Calves size is one of the place where genetics play a big role for size. I think you are lucky, I have big calves and finding high boots is a pain !!!!

I have the same issue with calves that are too small. They don't really make most high boots for small calves either. I once bought boots and had them altered to fit my calves. I finally found boots that fit a few years ago, but that was after searching for a while.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Calves size is one of the place where genetics play a big role for size. I think you are lucky, I have big calves and finding high boots is a pain !!!!

I have the same issue with calves that are too small. They don't really make most high boots for small calves either. I once bought boots and had them altered to fit my calves. I finally found boots that fit a few years ago, but that was after searching for a while.

Yeah, most boots are loose around my calves too. What do yours measure Val?
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I could seriously stand in front of the mirror and come up with 5000 separate things I don't like about my body, if I let myself, but I just do my best to resist that temptation because it's not constructive. It makes me feel terrible and never leads to me actually doing anything to improve.

If I focus instead on my performance - how much I can lift, how fast I can run - I feel great, and ironically end up improving my appearance more than when I dwell on it.

Even a model, if you saw her up close in person and stared for a while, you could find fault upon fault.

Honest opinion, your calves look fine, and your upper body does not look "fat" by any stretch of the imagination either.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    You calves look fine.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    First of all you look awesome young lady!

But if you want to change things up a bit with lifting here's some ideas for more to do with your legs. You can see what all this variety did for my legs on my profile pics, or my story here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout

The routine I do consists of weight lifting first and cardio second, but I still do cardio (mainly running). I change up everything all the time. My running is sometimes long easy runs, sometimes HIIT, sometimes shorter medium pace runs. My weight routine changes each day, each week, Circuits, Intermittent Super Sets, Fibonacci Pyramids, X-sets, Progress Venus Pyramids, and some splits, constantly changing it up, everything a variety of Strength, Hypertrophy, and Endurance.

Legs; In addition to Dealdlift's, Stiff Leg Dead Lifts, Sumo Dead Lifts and Squats I do Bulgarian Split Squats, Lunges, Reverse lunges, Curtsey lunges, Step Ups, Crossover Bench Step Ups, One legged Deadlifts (T-Bend), Lunge Matrix, Bowler Squat, One Legged Get Ups, Bower Squat and Calf Raise, Bowler Squat + Stiff Leg Deadlift, Curtsey Lunge + Dumbbell Squat, T-Bend + Y-Squat, Reverse Lunge & Step Up, Curtsey Lunge + Step Up, Y-squat, Narrow Stance Squat

For upper body I do Standing Shoulder Press, Standing Dumbell Curls, Lying Tricep extension, Pullovers, Bent Barbell Row, Standing lateral Raise, Standing front Raise, Curl and Press, Shoulder Press + Curl, Dips, Lying Tricep Extensions + Flyes, Venus Raise (a type of snatch), Bent Row + Standing Lateral Raise, Pullovers, Pushup + Dips, Standing Dumbbell curls + Overhead Tricep Extension, Bent Lateral Raise + Pullovers, One Arm Dumbbell row, Flyes + Pushups, Seated Curl & Tate Press, Seated Curls + Overhead Tricep Extension, Pushups, Pullovers + Dips, Bent Barbell Row, Lateral Raise + Full Front Raise, Venus Raise + Dips, Standing Dumbbell curls + Lying Tricep Extension, Upright Row + Dips, Bent Barbell Row, Flat bench Press, Incline Bench Press, Bent Row Narrow, Bent Row + Kickback,

Then some upper and lower combos; Squat and Front Raise, Step Up & Press, Step Up + Standing Shoulder Press, Squat & Press, Squat & Swing, Curtsy Lunge + Standing Shoulder Pres, T-Bend & Row, Pike Front Rais + Curtsey Lunge, Flat Bench Press + Step Up.

Core: Bar Bell Rollouts (you can start out with Stability Ball Roll Outs), Swiss Ball Pikes (you can start out with Stability Ball Curl Ups), and planks. As you advance Swiss Ball Pike and pushup.

I probably forgot some but you get the idea.

But the neatest thing is every day is different, every week is different, so I never get bored, and neither do the muscles because I change up all the time.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options

Yeah, most boots are loose around my calves too. What do yours measure Val?

I have no idea. I've never measured. I'll have to buy a tape measure and check. I'm curious now.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Yes, you have small(er) calves. Do they look disproportionate? No.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    You look great! Ignore *them* that tells you these vicious lies! Keep doing what you are doing and be happy with who you are!
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Kendra, I wish u could be as supportive to yourself as you are to all of us.

You look amazing. Your legs look in proportion to ur body. Your upper body does NOT look fat.

Anyone who says different are jealous and will have ME to deal with!! Lol
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Kendra, I wish u could be as supportive to yourself as you are to all of us.

You look amazing. Your legs look in proportion to ur body. Your upper body does NOT look fat.

Anyone who says different are jealous and will have ME to deal with!! Lol

I wish I could see the me that you all see. Hahaha thank u :)
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hi, I agree with everyone...they do look great and proportional. However, a good article on this subject and exercise to do, can be found here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/krisgethin1.htm

Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Seated calf raises and standing calf raises. Also walk in heels more! I get so many complements on my calves because if my years of being in heels working in Vegas as a Bartender! (recently moved but lived there 6 years) And that was before I ever did a calf work out.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    There are 8 billion people in the world. Don't listen to any one but you. You can only get your body to be what genetics allows.
    You can have my calves. I have muscular calves and skinny skinny ankles. Proportion? Yup. None. But my legs work.