best time to do a weigh in

Options
When is the best time to do a weigh in and how often? I seem to get on the scale every morning before I get into the shower...and then if I dont see the number go down, I get a little down...

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    i weigh in once a week .... 1st thing in the morning after i use the bathroom .... i wouldnt so much go what the scale says ... i would take measurements ... but if you use the scale ... make sure the scale is in the same spot and make sure that you weigh yourself with your clothes on or naked each time .... but it must be the same everytime ... hope that helps
  • Heather_b1986
    Heather_b1986 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    hiya, once a week is fine aslong as its the same time roughly each time u hope on the scales. (somethin to do with ur bodies natural weight fluctuation). i weigh in the mornin befre iv had my breakfast, hope that helps :smile:
  • ncocci989
    Options
    thanks! love your saying on the bottom...cute!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    your welcome and thanks
  • SkinnyCate
    Options
    That IS a super cute saying! I'll probably catch myself saying it next time I hop on the scale :)
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    its funny cuz i say that everytime i get on the scale and so far it has shown me a lower number than before :bigsmile:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Every time I've allowed myself to get on the scale more than once a week it has been detrimental. If I don't see a change that next day it just made me feel down and I'd eat something I wasn't supposed to and/or not go to the gym.

I weigh in once a week, in the morning, no clothes on, after using the bathroom. Scale in the same exact place on the floor everytime. For me right now, this happens to be Friday morning.

I have friend on MFP who has found that weighing herself only once a month works really really well for her. I think the main thing is to allow yourself enough time between weighings to really give your eating habits and exercise habits time to work.
  • joshualehman
    Options
    I have a scale that measures body fat percentage as well, but your feet have to be slightly damp to use it. So I tend to weigh in after I shower on a work day, so it's the same time of day, I haven't had any breakfast yet, and I can get my other key numbers (body fat percentage, body water percentage, body muscle percentage, bone mass).
  • SkinnyCate
    Options
    I have a scale that measures body fat percentage as well, but your feet have to be slightly damp to use it. So I tend to weigh in after I shower on a work day, so it's the same time of day, I haven't had any breakfast yet, and I can get my other key numbers (body fat percentage, body water percentage, body muscle percentage, bone mass).

Sounds like quite the scale!

I just went to the doc lately and I weighed in 10lbs lighter than what my home scale tells me.... anyone have a great, decently priced ($50 or less) scale that they'd recommend?

...and yes I'm going by what the doc told me I weigh :laugh: