Question! Please Help!

Options
My mom and I both went walking the same speed and same amount of time, we both logged in the same exercise but I burned less calories!
I want to know if how much you weigh determines the amount of calories you lose doing a certain amount of exercise.

I really appreciate the answers.

Replies

• RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Yes of course your weight affects that sort of thing. Don't compare yourself to others you will be disappointed. Just focus on making progress for yourself :)
  • MirandaSOS
    Options
    Thank you so much! I really did not know that.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Yep, as you get fitter and smaller you will burn less calories doing the same things. It can be a little frustrating seeing larger people get huge burns when it looks like they are doing the same or less than you, but I guess the bigger you are the harder it is for your body to do those things so it makes sense.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Yes of course your weight affects that sort of thing. Don't compare yourself to others you will be disappointed. Just focus on making progress for yourself :)

I agree with this. No comparing yourself with others. EVER. :) "Comparison is the thief of all joy"
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Yes unfortuantely the more healthy we get the less we burn.....that seems to be about the only downfall for weighing less!