Apple Cider Vinegar Cleanse???

Options
2»

Replies

• RockinSkiBunny
    RockinSkiBunny Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I was going to do it. Not only did the taste disgust me but I researched it more online and read that it can be dangerous to your body and there is no proof that it helps with weight loss. just sayin.
  • Pulka_Dot
    Pulka_Dot Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The human body does not need to do "cleanses". That is what your kidneys, liver, and lymphatic systems are for and as long as those systems are working correctly, they will cleanse your body.

You are better off following a healthy diet and getting regular exercise. So many of these cleanses can do more harm than good.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I don't do it as a cleanse but I take 2Tbsp every day (or at least try to). I usually just dilute a tiny bit (usually try to do half ACV and half water or apple juice) then quickly drink it from a straw (at the back of my throat so it doesn't touch my teeth).

I'm really not sure if it makes a difference or not. I have some friends who take it all the time. The one takes it for her joints (she ruined her knees doing Insanity and ACV has helped her knees a lot) and the other takes it just because she craves it sometimes. She'll take it daily then usually starts to forget about it then she starts craving it again and has a tablespoon or two daily until her "craving is gone". She says she always tells a difference when she stops taking it. She can tell she's got less energy and feels more sluggish.

I haven't stopped taking it longer than a day or two so I haven't had a chance to notice but I figure out of all the benefits I'm sure I'm getting one of them (like maybe energy, good skin, not getting sick...I dunno) but I haven't noticed any weight loss though.

But if you do take ACV, dilute it as little as you can (as in don't do what that cleanse says, just take a few tablespoon with less than a cup of water) and use a straw so it doesn't touch your teeth. Some people have gotten major enamel damage from ACV.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    WTF?
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I don't do it for weight loss or as a cleanse but I take this when I get colds. I get the organic Bragg's apple cider vinegar and drink it straight out of a shot glass fast to get it over with. I swear it helps the way my nose/throat feel...
  • angelgirl2272
    angelgirl2272 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have taken it as a daily supplement to help with sweet cravings. Not sure if it helped. Just be sure to get the Braggs "with the Mother"
  • Katydone
    Options
    I would suggest getting it in a glass bottle. The acidic content can break down some of the pcv in plastic. You don't want to drink plastic.
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    ConstanceMarieRuff Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Me and my mom mix 2 tablespoons with 1 cup of white grapefruit juice 3 times a day (before each meal). I honestly don't see weight loss results from it though. I do have increased energy and feel full so i don't eat so much though. We have eben doing it for a few weeks now.
  • blondie1471
    blondie1471 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    how did it work to quit smoking?
  • shantellrae
    Options
    What is chronic yeast in the gut? Curious!
  • shantellrae
    Options
    I do know that apple cider vinegar has general all-around health benefits. I know someone who takes a swig before every meal (so gross) and it's supposed to help balance blood sugar levels.
  • FlatWet
    FlatWet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I honestly love apple cider vinegar. I haven't heard of it for weightloss, but it fixes a sore throat like nobody's business and I think it tastes great on salad. I used to drink it in the morning before breakfast everyday as it is supposed to be good for your digestive system.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Dude, somebody said they mix it with grapefruit juice and now I want grapefruit juice...haha

I had forgotten but somebody mentioned they feel fuller when they take it...I have actually noticed that my appetite doesn't seem as crazy on the days I remember to take it. Don't know if that's directly from ACV but I have noticed that link.

And it does do amazing things for a sore throat. I rarely ever get sick and even when everybody else is super sick with a cold or a flu I only get a sore throat for one or two days then I'm back to normal. Also don't know if that's because of ACV or not since I seem to have a pretty good immune system either way.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert or doctor or any kind of medical professional .... I drink apple cider vinegar daily. I take 1 - 2 tsp to a large glass of water and use it on salads at lunch or dinner. Its pretty acidic so I'd be careful. I've also done a juice cleanse for 8 days which seems a bit healthier then just apple cider vinegar and water.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    The human body does not need to do "cleanses". That is what your kidneys, liver, and lymphatic systems are for and as long as those systems are working correctly, they will cleanse your body.

You are better off following a healthy diet and getting regular exercise. So many of these cleanses can do more harm than good.
    Exactly. The body is perfectly capable of "cleansing" itself. Your second paragraph pretty much echoed what I said before:
    You mean like skip the fads, eat at a reasonable caloric deficit and mix in some exercise? :bigsmile:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I was going to do it. Not only did the taste disgust me but I researched it more online and read that it can be dangerous to your body and there is no proof that it helps with weight loss. just sayin.

Dangerous? How is vinegar dangerous? That is absurd!

I have never heard if using it for weight loss, but I can attest that it cures heartburn. It takes nasty, but it works better than Tums or Rolaids.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I would suggest getting it in a glass bottle. The acidic content can break down some of the pcv in plastic. You don't want to drink plastic.
    Not only that....but make sure it has "the Mother" in it....you'll know if it does, because it will have a cloudy "tinge" to it.....give it a shake every time you use it. I measure mine into a shot glass, and mix it in my shaker with a little honey and drink it during my a.m. work out......works great.....can't say whether or not it "helps" - or not.....but I actually have acquired a taste for it ;)

The honey helps a LOT though....mmm.....numm numm :X lol. But ya, definitely make sure it's "un pasturized" most of the stuff at the grocery store has been pasteurized and the "mother" filtered out....so it really has no health benefits supposidely...