fast foood

Options
Hey!

so i know fast food is horrible for you, in trans fats and msgs and CALORIES. but i have a huge problem. I am 19... a college student and i work, so i do lots of running around and my friends and i all use food as our common hang out, which is fine for them bc there size 00. :l This week i tried to eat at home, only to learn that my parents no longer grocery shop for me since i am never here... understandable.
Basically, i dont want to kid myself into thinking that im not going to grab something between school and work when i have 10 minutes or just get a salad when my friends and i go out to eat... because then id be an instant fail. So if you have any quick food grab ideas, be it low-cal filling snacks or decent fast food i would really appreciate it.... i mean baby steps right? :)

thanks,
kris

Replies

• lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Most FF places have their menu and nutrition info on the web. Go to the sites of your most common hang outs and pick some meals and snacks that will work for you. McD's has some options (yogurt w/berries, etc.). Wendy's has some really good salads, but they also have chili and potatoes. Taco Bell is pretty low in calories (comparatively) on their regular menu, and their fresco menu is even less (more $$, but less cal). Most of them have options, you just need to check it out. Choose your favorite foods there, and then find another option that'll tast just as good without as many calories.

Small steps are a good way to start. An easy first step is to get a small fry instead of the large. And don't forget to get water or tea instead of soda pop! Right there it will help you. Liquid calories still count as calories (hard lesson for me to learn!).

Good luck and let us know what you figure out!
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Hello Kebrown73, my only suggestion is Granola bars & water or flavored water at the most, atleast until you are a few pounds away from your goal. I know it sounds harsh, but self discipline is the one sure fire way to attain your goals, Sorry about that but yeah that's it. You might want to look at the menu & find alternatives to the more fattening stuff like wheat, mustard stuff along those lines, I'm sure they have those types of things or at the minimum small portions & find time to put in extra exercise work, yup it ain't easy, but one has to do it.:smile:
  • Amberly10
    Amberly10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing people talk bad about the Taco Bell Fresco items but when I was out with my husband today that is where we stopped for lunch. I had a Chicken Supreme Burrito Fresco style and it was only 330 calories. Plus, it filled me up and tasted really good. Most of the other items on there were also 330 calories but there were some as low as 150 calories. IMO that is really good and worked well into my meal plan. I still have 700 and some odd calories left over before my workout.