Your calories before vs now??

Options
13»

Replies

• JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Have no clue! But... it's scary to admit that I was consuming maybe 450 calories + every couple of days in alcohol alone. I don't think I overate. I drank way too much alcohol, so my macros were probably not the best. Wine is like liquid sugar... and alcohol is the first thing your body burns if it has a choice between alcohol, fats, carbs or protein. Alcohol is metabolized first, so this meant whatever extra bit of fat I had on my body would just kinda hang around while I was burning all that alcohol off. At my highest, was only maybe 155 lbs and I'm 5'7"... so not really overweight, but I have a smaller frame. I'm around 123 lbs now and happy to stay here. I imagine it's possible I'll gain a few more lbs of muscle in the next few years, since I lift weights.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Haha just worked it out, ouch. No wonder I was gaining weight. Check out my entry for tomorrow if you dare that is what I used to eat
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Have no clue! But... it's scary to admit that I was consuming maybe 450 calories + every couple of days in alcohol alone. I don't think I overate. I drank way too much alcohol, so my macros were probably not the best. Wine is like liquid sugar... and alcohol is the first thing your body burns if it has a choice between alcohol, fats, carbs or protein. Alcohol is metabolized first, so this meant whatever extra bit of fat I had on my body would just kinda hang around while I was burning all that alcohol off. At my highest, was only maybe 155 lbs and I'm 5'7"... so not really overweight, but I have a smaller frame. I'm around 123 lbs now and happy to stay here. I imagine it's possible I'll gain a few more lbs of muscle in the next few years, since I lift weights.

I was doing the same! Although my eating was pretty horrible, I know most of my cals were coming from alcohol. A large bottle of wine a night? It was awful! I didn't even realize how fattening alcohol was until I started tracking every bit of it I have and cringing at the results. Now I just don't want to waste my cals on it more than once a week.
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I just ran a "typical" day from before dieting to see how much I was really consuming. It's terrifying how unhealthy I was!! And I was in complete denial about my eating habits being bad too. I stay around 1200, except on the weekends when I'm usually in the 1200-1500 range. This was with sporadic workouts, but never consistent enough to make a difference!

Totals-

3,074 Calories

371 Carbs

82 Fat

97 Protein

4,321 Sodium
  • samigirl1975
    samigirl1975 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I recon I used to eat about 2500 - 3000 a day :noway:

But now I eat 1500 - and my exercise calories :smile:

Omg I was the same way!! Now I'm in control lol... Sometimes haha
  • samigirl1975
    samigirl1975 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My original weight was 120lbs, and I gained SIXTY POUNDS in a year and a half :noway: With my knowledge of calories, I reckon I was eating between 3000 and 5000 calories most days, of complete and utter CRAP! Not a fruit or veggie used to pass my lips, and now I'm addicted to healthy foods. I eat clean, and stick to anywhere between 1400 and 1900 per day depending on exercise :smile:

Ugh...when I think about how much I used to be able to polish off in one day...its disgusting! I was never hungry, EVER...was just emotional eating/eating out of boredom/eating things that tasted good due to additives & MSG.

I got you there!! I was the exact same way!! I watch what I eat and learned if I'm not hungry enough to eat an apple then I'm not hungry. I also drink lots of water. Congrats on the weightloss. I hope someday I lose the same amount. :)
  • mama4loca
    mama4loca Posts: 181
    Options
    I didn't know how much I was eating then but was seriously BLOWN AWAY when I started keeping track- at how much calories, fat, sodium, sugar everything is! Geez, no wonder I got fat. I eat 1700 or under now so I must have been eating thousands.
  • mama4loca
    mama4loca Posts: 181
    Options
    My original weight was 120lbs, and I gained SIXTY POUNDS in a year and a half :noway: With my knowledge of calories, I reckon I was eating between 3000 and 5000 calories most days, of complete and utter CRAP! Not a fruit or veggie used to pass my lips, and now I'm addicted to healthy foods. I eat clean, and stick to anywhere between 1400 and 1900 per day depending on exercise :smile:

Ugh...when I think about how much I used to be able to polish off in one day...its disgusting! I was never hungry, EVER...was just emotional eating/eating out of boredom/eating things that tasted good due to additives & MSG.

Wow, that was me for the last couple years too...exactly. I am disgusted too now thinking of what I did to myself!
  • scottbrown78
    scottbrown78 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    3-4000 calories a day on average. But could easily go over that, by eating a half a pack of oreo's and a half gallon of milk, in one setting!
  • AcampoGirl
    AcampoGirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was eating a lot of calories. I recently have been eating 1200 or less calories, just found out that was wrong. I read the skinny fat and it really opened my eyes!
    Starting tomorrow I'm going to start eating the correct amount of calories, including the exercise calories!
  • rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    Options
    i used to eat like 2300 calories a day i eat close to 4000 now
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I would say at least 2500 a day, maybe more..
    I am now eating 1800
  • jillm85
    jillm85 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    before i could eat anthing from 2000-3000 a day now i tend to try and eat 1000, sometimes it is over to the 1200 limit sometimes its less like 800... cut out all the crap like mountains of crisps and popcorn and chocolate till i burst, down to a bar of weight watchers or slimfast chocolate bar, and a light single packet of crisps
  • julesw734
    julesw734 Posts: 100
    Options
    Also, never really counted.. Plus, I skipped alot of meals before, but I am thinking if it was a snack day probably 1600 to 2000. Now itis 1200 to 1350 depending on the day usually no more than 1300...
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Just for fun! I don't know exactly what I was eating before (because I was way too scared to every count), but considering I used to drink 2-3 44 oz. Mountain Dews a day at around 600 calories each, I know it was way more than now! I was probably topping 3,000 calories! Now I'm down to about 1,900 a day. Has anybody else made a huge cut and is equally shocked at how awful they were before?

I used to drink 4-5 cans of Mt. Dew a day. 170 calories each - that's 850 calories in soda alone! Add a fast food lunch of about 1100 calories, plus my "healthy" 450 breakfast sandwich from Subway (that I ate EVERY day). Plus snacks and dinner. I'm sure I was around 4000 a day. And I seriously wondered (at the time) how I got fat. There's a river in Egypt.......

I'm now at about 2000 calories a day. TDEE is a little over 2500.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I ate about the same as now but probably drank a bit more, especially on the weekends. Getting back into the habit of regular exercise created enough of a deficit for me to lose and didn't leave time for more than a couple of glasses of wine with dinner through the week.
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I used to drink Dr. Pepper once a day, and iced tea/hot tea the rest of the day. Rarely any water.
    I also used to eat about 2,700 calories a day, and 80% of it bad calories (sweets, soda, and high-cal bad-for-you foods).

Now?

Eating between 1700-2100 calories a day of good, clean food and drinking 8-9 glasses of strictly water a day. Okay...maybe some wine on the weekends. ;)
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I used to NEVER watch what I ate, I would eat out a lot and my portions were huge. I'm guessing that I used to be around 2,500-3,000 a day. I've been doing 1,200-1,400 the last month and I've noticed a huge difference. I no longer feel overly full when I eat and I've lost that 'sick' feeling after eating by replacing all that fat and sugar with healthy stuff. It is amazing how much of a difference this has made!
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I was probably up near 3000 - 4000, depending on the day. Now I eat between 1400 - 1600. My max is 1800, but that's on special days, like get-togethers or going out to dinner with my boyfriend.
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bump