Following "In place of a road map 2.0" anyone else??

Options
So I've just found the post "In a place of a road map 2.0" and have gone through all the stuff it told me to do and instead of MPF's recommendation of 1,200 calories a day plus burning 173 calories a day 4 days a week with a 30 minute work out, saying should lose 6.2lb by Oct 18th and it doing nothing for me but leave me unmotivated and hungry with not even half a pound lost even though I ended up eating less than recommended and burning more than suggested Im now cutting my losses and moving on in hopes that this one will work!!

So, Fat2fit say's I have a lean body mass of 105.7 pounds and 51.3 pounds of fat on my body (cries)
32.6% body fat for me. Then with light activity if I'm right with following what the post said to do and what he wrote I'm burning(?) 2115 calories a day so minus 20% of that means I should eat 1692 calories a day to have successful weight loss?
I'm including of my own 462 calories burned by exercise 5 days a week for 60 minutes work out on MPF myself not including all the walking I do on a daily basis.

Anyway my point of this post (if I even have one) is has anyone else followed what that post said and had success? Have I calculated this right?

Anyone losing weight the healthy long term way and not crash dieting do you think if I follow the second paragraph I will be doing it right and will see a loss?

Plus any tips on how to target fat with working out would be very appreciated :)

Replies

• Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Anyone? :(
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    There's an IPORM (acronym for In Place of a Road Map) group/team on here...you'll find some success stories. Dan (who put together this approach), also has a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/In-Place-of-a-Road-Map-MFP/342385002516919?fref=ts
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Come to the source and please send a friend request since 90% of my friends follow it.
    =D
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Come to the source and please send a friend request since 90% of my friends follow it.
    =D

HA! Ignore my email LOL
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda! I just recently started following IPOARM. A few things I can tell you from my personal experience; I feel a BILLION times better than I have in months because my body is getting what it needs! No more completely physcial exhaustion. No more tossing and turning. No more stomach issues. The hardest thing I'm finding is actually being able to eat the cals I should be eating (I'm on a pretty restrictive diet, low carb veg) and I struggle sometimes. I think it's a bit too soon for me to see miraculous results as this is more slow and steady, but I can already feel the changes happening.

Dan and his posse are a wonderful group of people who I hope to get to know better and are all very positive and encouraging. You couldn't ask for a nicer group of people.

Good luck to you, you are on the right path! :)
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Yes, there are lots of us who follow this. And, yes, as long as you have your numbers right (which can be the most stressful part), you should do well. Two pointers:

1) You have to give it time. You're not going to drop five pounds in the first week or anything like that. You may even gain. Most of us who do give a commitment of at least a month to do it without going off of it. That was really important to me because I tend to panic if I don't lose right away.

2) Lifting weights is important. It was the last part of the puzzle that I really did. (aside from measurements and doing body fat % - I am still working on those.). However, I am less obsessed with the scale and more interested in how my clothes fit and how my body feels.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    I dont know if most people caught this but in the IPOARM post I called it a fat loss program and not a weight loss program.
    You can lose a ton of weight dieting but its not all fat.
    You will lose weight when you just lose fat but its a little slower.
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've been following Dan's plan for a little over a month - the first week or so I really dont count because I was still tweeking my numbers. I didnt really lose any weight scale wise for almost a full month - BUT - then I did lose about 7 inches total and 5lbs as of last scale check (2 weeks ago) and like triinityz said almost right from the very beginning I've had way way way more energy, I've been sleeping better, and most of the stomach issues I was having have gone also my clothes are fitting way better or are even getting loose!

Im very pleased with how things are going - if you have any questions feel free to add me or ask Dan - he's a huge wealth of information and has never failed to answer any of my questions. All of the people doing this are great inspirations!

This is a lifestyle change - not a diet - diets are temporary - this is permanent healthier living. Dont forget - the weight didnt go on overnight - it wont come off overnight either.

Good Luck on your journey!!!!
  • evanesco
    Options
    0.5lb a week and 5 inches/5% bf in 4 weeks, I'd say it works. Just don't expect massive scale loses, but loss on bf% and inches instead. I run 3 days a week and do you are your own gym 3 days a week. I have Sunday's off.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    I've been following Dan's plan for a little over a month - the first week or so I really dont count because I was still tweeking my numbers. I didnt really lose any weight scale wise for almost a full month - BUT - then I did lose about 7 inches total and 5lbs as of last scale check (2 weeks ago) and like triinityz said almost right from the very beginning I've had way way way more energy, I've been sleeping better, and most of the stomach issues I was having have gone also my clothes are fitting way better or are even getting loose!

Im very pleased with how things are going - if you have any questions feel free to add me or ask Dan - he's a huge wealth of information and has never failed to answer any of my questions. All of the people doing this are great inspirations!

This is a lifestyle change - not a diet - diets are temporary - this is permanent healthier living. Dont forget - the weight didnt go on overnight - it wont come off overnight either.

Good Luck on your journey!!!!

Lol I just make this stuff up.
    You guys are like lab rats for me!
    =D

Just kidding!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I've been following this plan for about 2 months now. I've started losing weight again, after plateauing this summer.

Love that I can eat enough to fuel my body and still lose weight.

Check out the IPOARM group - lots of support there!
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    There's an IPORM (acronym for In Place of a Road Map) group/team on here...you'll find some success stories. Dan (who put together this approach), also has a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/In-Place-of-a-Road-Map-MFP/342385002516919?fref=ts

Do you happen to have a link for the group? It's not coming up on a search :(.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

Come on in the water's great! You will LOVE the road map! It's awesome and makes you feel successful! Dan is a fount of information. Lots of friends to be had. Jan
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

I had to turn "safe search" off - not sure why. Then it came up immediately! Jan
  • x_JT_x
    Options

I had to turn "safe search" off - not sure why. Then it came up immediately! Jan

Wait, maybe I misunderstood. Is the group at the Facebook link? I thought I was looking for a MFP group as well. Is that not the case?
  • Amanda21202
    Options
    Brilliant , thank you all so much for your replies and luck :) I'll search for that group later on tonight when the little one is in bed :)
    I'm already feeling confident this will be the right thing for me just by reading the replies, I bet I'll feel a million times more once I've joined the group :)
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I dont know if most people caught this but in the IPOARM post I called it a fat loss program and not a weight loss program.
    You can lose a ton of weight dieting but its not all fat.
    You will lose weight when you just lose fat but its a little slower.

This is so true! I have a cousin who got gastric bypass surgery. When I saw her, people were complimenting her because she is much smaller and she "Yeah, but you don't want to see me naked. I look awful!". :noway:

As for me, my weight fluctuates up and down. I just "gained" four pounds over the weekend. (I was on vacation). And you know what, I don't even care. My body feels great - I can tell that I am healthier and my body looks better.
  • Methinksabout
    Options

Wait, maybe I misunderstood. Is the group at the Facebook link? I thought I was looking for a MFP group as well. Is that not the case?

There are both: a facebook page (as the link above) and here is the link for the group of MFP: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8017-in-place-of-a-road-map

Good luck!
  • x_JT_x
    Options

There are both: a facebook page (as the link above) and here is the link for the group of MFP: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8017-in-place-of-a-road-map

Good luck!

Thank you!!
  • Amanda21202
    Options
    I don't sup[pose I could be really cheeky and ask someone to check if I've calculated my calorie intake correctly?
    I'm 64.5 inches tall
    13 inch neck
    32 inch waist
    39 inch hips
    157lbs

If not then I'll just stick to what I worked out myself and hope for the best haha, I just really don't want to start this out wrong :):)