Semtex and other fat burners

Options
Has anyone ever used Sextex (http://www.jstjodie.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43&products_id=59)?

I keep hearing people losing loads of weight with it but not 100% convinced. I tried Maximuscle Thermobil a while back and all it did was make me feel wired, no weight loss at all (apart from the normal 1-2lbs from dieting).

Replies

• Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    Ohhh the magic pill discussion. One of my favorites.

It doesn't matter what you take, if your diet isn't good you're wasting money.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Love the thread title. Semtex is a plastic explosive, not a diet pill. :smile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semtex
  • Jester522
    Options

Woah. Check that out. Learned something new today.

End thread.
  • nachoheeledge
    Options
    Diet is good thanks, I just wondered if these things helped lose extra weight or not.
  • Jester522
    Options
    Diet is good thanks, I just wondered if these things helped lose extra weight or not.
    PM me if you want more detailed info I'll point you in the right direction.
  • Roxie861
    Roxie861 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have been taking Semtex for 10 days now. I should point out (before everyone critcizes) that i eat very clean almost every day - apart from yesterday as you'll see from my bio as it was a cheat day.

Your asking if Semtex works and i have to say yes from personal experience, Even though I tend to exercise 4 times per week at the moment and have a moderately good diet i have lost 7lbs in a fortnight since taking these.

I am not naieve enough to think there is a magic pill otherwise everyone would be taking it, but i do not doubt that Semtex has helped boost my weight loss by a pound or 2; as opposed to if i was just eating healthily and exercising.

Like i said its my personal experience with them.
  • nachoheeledge
    Options
    I have been taking Semtex for 10 days now. I should point out (before everyone critcizes) that i eat very clean almost every day - apart from yesterday as you'll see from my bio as it was a cheat day.

Your asking if Semtex works and i have to say yes from personal experience, Even though I tend to exercise 4 times per week at the moment and have a moderately good diet i have lost 7lbs in a fortnight since taking these.

I am not naieve enough to think there is a magic pill otherwise everyone would be taking it, but i do not doubt that Semtex has helped boost my weight loss by a pound or 2; as opposed to if i was just eating healthily and exercising.

Like i said its my personal experience with them.

Good to know thanks, I might do a bit more research before I try them but if they help shed an extra lb or 2 then its worth it
  • PollyannaIsabella
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting some Semtex. What kind of work out is everyone doing, and what're you eating? What are the side effects of this product?

Thanks,

Polly
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    If anything they can help with appetite suppression. The only ones worth a crap are banned or script only.
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    There's no yohimbe in that, I would pass.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    No
  • bazman7323
    bazman7323 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm possibly being a pansy but if your diet is clean why go for a chemical? Just don't be in such a rush.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Semtex is a grenade in call of duty - please check again
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I take Thermopure from MyProtein.com- not for fat burning though, just because I find it gives me extra energy. I take 2 before a workout and I can seem to push myself a bit more. I just look at it like drinking a cup of coffee to give me eneergy from the caffeine, but I can't stand coffee!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    The magic pill is a calorie deficit + exercise + time = weight loss. Period.

99.9% of all "diets," "magic pills," or "programs" include "Results not typical. Each participate took <insert said product here> along with a balanced diet and regular exercise."
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Master eating less and moving more. If after that, you are at 8% bf looking to get to 6% bf, take caffeine and ephedrine.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If you want a load of caffeine and cocoa extract why not just have a double expresso and some good dark chocolate?
  • marie_eve_78
    marie_eve_78 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If there was a pill that really helped, don't you think the media and doctors would be all over it?
    If a pill needs you to diet and exercice to work, it means that the pill doesn't do anything except motivate you to diet and exercice.
    Losing 7lbs in the first weeks in common enough when you change your way of life (you lose water weight, etc.)
    The pill is just a placebo in my opinion.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

^ Beat me to it. You'll definitely lose weight, just not how you imagined.

And no to the magic pill garbage.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    No they don’t work. I have tried them twice, once just eating as normal and a second time with a diet and exercise plan. They make no difference whatsoever. They didn’t even curb my appetite. I found I couldn’t take them during the day as I had a really bad reaction, burning skin, heart pounding etc. plus they made me feel so weird I couldn’t function!! I found they were only useful for giving me an energy boost early evening so I wanted to exercise - they are not worth the money. I don’t believe the hype..:wink: