strategies for healthy eating on weekends?

Hi Everyone, I just started using My Fitness Pal last Wednesday so the weekend that just passed was the first weekend I was logging everything I ate and let me tell you I did not do very well at all :( Does anyone have any tips to help from overeating on the weekend, I find eating such a social event, how can I still have the fun of hanging out with friends but not the added calories. If anyone would like to add me as a friend that would be great for support :)

Replies

• Weekend is very tough. My advice is to have a plan and stick to it. Plan dinners and lunches. Bring snacks if possible to social events. If no look at the nutritional facts online of the restaurant you plan to go to. Most will have “Healthier" choices. Good luck and know a day or two will not completely kill all you have worked hard to achieve. Just keep your goal in sight and you can reach it.
  • FirefitMike
    FirefitMike Posts: 85 Member
    I could give you my real opinion, but you probably wouldn't like it.

Otherwise, if you know you are going to go over on Saturday, plan on eating less on Friday and Sunday.
  • JennaR30
    JennaR30 Posts: 12 Member
    Thanks mplotner226, I will grasp the hang of things eventually I hope, it will be great to have the support of the MFP people.
  • JennaR30
    JennaR30 Posts: 12 Member
    Ha, FirefitMike I am good with real opinions even if they hurt sometimes that's what a person might need a little slap in the face to get them motivated.
  • You will get there it is all about little steps at first. If you try to do too much at first you may get overwhelmed and quit. The little changes will bring on great success.