COMPLETE calorie disaster yesterday..

Options
I've been so good all week then completely blew it yesterday. It was so bad I dont even want to log my calories because they must be three times what I should have had. I cant help wondering how I managed to let myself do it. I'm talking egg and bacon bagel (low fat) for brekkie, eggs benedict and chips (fries) for lunch, pizza for dinner... It was my friend's brithday. I was feeling very urgghh (in a girly way..) and just went mental.

How does anyone else deal with complete off days like this? I feel a bit like I've ruined all my good work this week.
:ohwell:

Replies

• kann007
    kann007 Posts: 15
    Options
    I didnt do so well yesterday with calories either...I just forget and move on...nothing you can do for yesterday sometimes days like that happen...
  • benmarcum
    benmarcum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You have not ruined all of your work at all. how i deal with it is....that was yesterday...what is happening today?
  • CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    Just start back over today! I did the same thing at my brothers wedding yesterday. I quit logging my food when I hit 2000 calories :-( But it was a fun celebration so I don't regret it...much. We're not going to be perfect. We just have to do the best we can!
  • cravune
    cravune Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    not logging is the worst thing you can do.......I had a binge yesterday and thought same as you.

when I logged I was only a 1000 over making it 1800 over for the week....I can deal with this....exercise today will get rid of a 1000 and usually find if only 800 over will still lose target anyway.

you don't want to get into the routine of not logging, this site is your friend, you have to accept you will have days where you eat more, it is not a bad thing!
  • Anumie23
    Anumie23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I deal with it by getting right back on track. That was yesterday and today is today. You can always start over. Yesterday was you cheat for the week. Now refocus and get back on track. Beating yourself up about it will only make it worst. We're all human and this is a continuous war. You may have lost one battle but you didn't lose the war! Have a healthy breakfast this morning and do a couple minutes of cardio if you can. Get right back on track.

And I would urge you to log what you ate yesterday. Seeing all those calories might make you less tempted to do it again. It's a mental thing really. Lean on us for support!!!!
  • willows14
    willows14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    all you can( and MUST) do is not worry about what happened yesterday. Like falling off a bike, ya just have to get right back up and do it again. Today is a brand new day, tomorrow is gone, just look ahead now.
  • DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    you're right. I should just suck it up and log it all. Today's a new day and it's a salad day !!

Thank you all for your support- this really is the best community ever xx
    :flowerforyou:
  • lady_of_steele
    lady_of_steele Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race, and keeps it off. Even if you have a "blew it" day once a week, you will reach your goal eventually. I'm an advocate of occasionally enjoying something extra along the way. Just get back on track today :)
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    Pick up, dust off, and start fresh today. What's the alternative? What will getting discouraged and quitting get you? It gets me fatter and more out of shape. Onward and downward!
  • johnmcfarm
    Options
    I know how you feel, I had a "blow out" day a couple days ago...sausage, bacon, and donut for breakfast!!! then fried chicken and such later.

Later, when I thought of the days binging, I realized that what was now important is what I do from then on. I could give up and go back to eating and being unhealthy...or, I could continue with my lifestyle change of being healthy. Being healthy is not for a meal, or a day, week, or even a month. Being healthy is a lifetime goal, so while I still feel some guilt over my binge, putting it into perspective, it really was a very small matter. My lifetime health is what I want to focus on. I want the positives from a healthy lifestyle, that is not changed or ruined by a days binge...

Hope that helps.
  • DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks. That really does help. I think it's just a case of being really angry at myself for breaking..but staying angry is self indulgent and counterproductive. I'm just going to have a really good week this week!
  • fbref9
    fbref9 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    We all have those days! The important things, as everybody else has said, is that you do not lose focus. Stay the course!!!

All the best!
  • mswing7674
    Options
    And I would urge you to log what you ate yesterday. Seeing all those calories might make you less tempted to do it again. It's a mental thing really. Lean on us for support!!!!

I decided yesterdays breakfast was going to be my cheat meal for the week. When I came home and plugged it all in I instantly decided all those calories totally weren't worth it and went to the gym to burn some of them off. and was a very very very good girl the rest of the day. Went over yesterday by only 16 calories but i certainly won't be cheating like that again :)
  • ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days. I think it's best to resolve to do better, rather than dwell on it.

Today is a new day. :o)
  • scotch74
    scotch74 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I understand. I did great all week and had 1 bad day. I didn't want to log it down but I did. It was really helpful to see what I had eaten and track the calories. Don't be discouraged. Jot everything down for yesterday and then start right back up. The quicker you end the binge and move on the better. You can do it!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Wow...all that stuff sounds deelish! I thought of going for a pizza yesterday but managed to stay away. Today I have a cookout to go to and trying to figure out how I will manage. I usually manage by working off the extra calories with some hardcore cardio.

Girl we ALL have had bad days and we learn. Just brush you shoulders off and say today is a new day.

Best case scenario, you might even lose weight. I Know it sounds weird but if you've been managing your calories daily and had one bad day you could still lose weight. We have a biggest loser contest at my job and everyone has been watching their calories and then over the Thanksgiving weekend we came back that Monday to weigh in and everyone, including myself, ate horribly and no one gained weight, we either maintained OR lost weight...3 of us lost 3 lbs.

I am not saying make it a habit but we all have bad days and you shouldn't beat yourself up.
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    not logging is the worst thing you can do.......I had a binge yesterday and thought same as you.

when I logged I was only a 1000 over making it 1800 over for the week....I can deal with this....exercise today will get rid of a 1000 and usually find if only 800 over will still lose target anyway.

you don't want to get into the routine of not logging, this site is your friend, you have to accept you will have days where you eat more, it is not a bad thing!

I totally agree! I too went over by about 1100cals yesterday:( I attended a baby shower and went out for dinner, where I had a caesar salad and pizza! When I got home I logged in every last little smokie I popped in my mouth for the day. I did not like what I saw when it said "If everyday was like today you would weigh _____ in 5 weeks!"... but today is a new day and I am not going to weigh that in 5 weeks! Brush it off, don't let one "bad" day turn into a bad weekend, bad week, ect...
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bad DAY!?!? Hell - I had a bad weekend. my running/ lifting/ ellipticizing (is that a verb?) today is a pathetic attempt to make up for the hundreds of excess calories and gallons of booze I'm sure I consumed this weekend.

I've been kicking my *kitten* all morning and am determined to get back on track today.... Don't quit! I am making a promise to myself to NOT make the same mistakes next weekend.

Go forth and face the week with a renewed determination. What other option is there, really? To give up and get fat? Nope.
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Girl Please,
    I started my healthier way of life on Jan 4th & on Jan 5th I went Crazy. I'm talking about 16oz of Zenfidel, 2 brownies and a cookie but, guess what? I logged it all.....I never seen so many red negative numbers in a long time. I hopped back to it on Day 3 & on weigh in I lost 5lbs.
    This week (Week 2 for me) I have eaten well & worked out like a beast & guess what? I only lost 1lb.... I know the week isn't finished yet but, I'm just saying. Sometimes our body needs a shock!!! Good Luck to you!!!
  • jennkohler
    Options
    Just remember not everyday is going to be perfect, but always do your best. I have struggled for 2 days so I totally understand your frustration.