Half way there, shocked by side by side pictures!

Options
missyjg99
missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
I started on June 23rd after a little coaxing from my sister in law who's been very successful on this program. It's been a little over 100 days of logging and 37 lbs down, (40lb difference in the pictures below). I've sweated every day for 45 minutes minus 3 days that I was ill. Every day I get up at 5 and walk/run/bike or use the elliptical. I started by being able to walk 1/2 a mile. I was 235lbs, out of shape and was in back and hip pain constantly. I walked through the pain a lot. But now, I can run 3+ miles and I try and go at least 5 miles a day. I fit in some workout videos, but I love being outside and getting fresh air.
I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer when I was 29. I had 2 surgeries and went through Chemo. I gained weight on chemo, eating was the only thing that made me less likly to get sick. After I was in remission, we went through infertility treatments. I only had one ovary removed and I was told the other one was damaged due to chemo making it unlikely we'd get pregnant. I gained another 15lbs on those hormones. But I did get pregnant in 2009 and after my daughter was born, I tacked on another 20lbs just for unhealthy eating habits and lack of exercise.
I mentally knew I was fat, but the picture on the left was taken in April of this year. I cried for hours over it. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I never saw this. I didn't see the rolls and the way my stomach protruded. And then I started looking at other pictures and it was similar, I was SO unhealthy. I fought to survive and now I was throwing years away by stuffing food in my mouth and sitting on the couch. I started eating better, but it wasn't working all that well. I rejoined MFP in June and it's been full steam ahead since. I don't always eat healthy, I crave sugar and will often eat something sweet every day. But my meals are healthier, I eat in moderation (which I didn't know how to do since MFP), I started wearing my HRM and logged everything I ate and drank. I have recently started weight training, but I'm still learning the ropes about this so I'm starting 2x weekly and we'll go from there.

Here is the picture.

2coldl4.jpg

I have roughly 40 more lbs to goal, but I'm less focused on the scale now and more focused on measurements (-20" overall since I started) and the way I feel and look. Feel free to add me, I love the supportive nature of this program. I think this is the major reason I have had such success. I love watching other peoples success and they inspire me to work harder.

Best of luck everyone, no matter your goals.

Missy

Replies

• Hertford86
    Hertford86 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hurrah you! Cancer was what got me started on diet and exercise too - doing all the stuff I knew I should do anyway, but couldn't be bothered because I was immortal, after all . . .

You've done a fantastic job and look great. And I bet you feel loads better too? Well done, and keep on!
  • exzcape
    exzcape Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is awesome! :) You look great!
  • tanone67
    tanone67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! You look amazing!
  • htherrien0406
    Options
    Wow amazing! You are truly an inspiration!
  • dw4378
    dw4378 Posts: 35
    Options
    You look amazing!! Keep up the great work.. :smile: YOU GOT THIS!!
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    you look amazing - great job!
  • aryastark8
    aryastark8 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiring story! Great job and thanks for posting it!
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story and your pictures. What an amazing difference; you should be very proud of yourself! You seem like one determined woman--I'm sure you will reach your goals!
  • huanu
    huanu Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great :) Keep up the hard work!:flowerforyou:
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Great job!!
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    first of all congratulations on kicking cancers butt....second congratulations on your daughter....and third....you look amazing! congratulations on all your hard work getting to where you are now. you are an inspiration!
  • wesbrowning
    Options
    You look great and loved the details you shared. Congratulations!
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    CarmenSandiegoInVA Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You are doing fantastic. Keep up the awesome work.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is why it is so important to take progress pictures... you are doing FANTASTIC!
  • marthathebear
    Options
    that's amazing!
  • silverburk
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Wow, Missy! Thanks for sharing your story. You are doing awesome girl!
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    wtg
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Way to go, girl! You look absolutely amazing!
  • 26Nirak
    26Nirak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Amazing story!!! Kudos to you - and you look great!! Keep it up, freedom from overeating is what I am seeking as well....and yes, the difference is measurable and amazing!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!