Hello :)

monaann
monaann Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello guys, I have been signed onto My Fitness Pal for a while; however, I haven't used it much until recently. I am trying to have a healthier year for myself and my family so I decided to give it a try. I would like to lose about 10 pounds. I am almost 37 years old and I think that my metabolism has slowed down a lot because it is very hard for me to not gain weight! Which is a huge change from my earlier years when I could eat just about anything and not get bigger then about 110. I dont mind gaining a little weight but I don't want it to get out of control so I want to learn how to cook and live healthier. My problem; however is motivation. I have all these great ideas in my head, but after dealing with work (teacher of student's with special needs) all day and then my two children in the afternoon, in addition to my husband I get a little worn out and usually give up on food that is quick and unhealthy or fast food. I also give up on the gym because i am so tired.
Anyway, I am going to try! I did lose about 5 pounds when I first signed up here about a year and a half ago but of course I have gained it back and then some.
I would love any tips and advice any of you can give. My biggest thing is learning how to cook healthy and keep the flavor. I am from Lousiana where we love fried food and lots of seasoning! What are some tips on cooking healthy? Also what are some staple ingridients that I should add to my grocery list. And finally I would love recipe's/meals that anyone would like to share that are also kid friendly :) Thanks,
Ramona

Replies

This discussion has been closed.