Women Only

Options

Replies

• mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I been dealing with this too. I normally was wearing 40 or 42d. I used the extenders for the size 40 when I realized I had the bump! LoL I tried on some bras that were on sale and they were 38DD and I was slightly popping out. I am very confused!!
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    It's likely because your band went down so your cup size went up. You must not lose in your boobs :(
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I went to Victoria Secret a few weeks ago to get measure. To see if I went down a size because of my weight loss. My band size went down, but my cup remain the same so it went up a size. I read online to figure out your cupsize is the difference between your band and bust.

If your cut size remained unchanged, how did you go up a size?

IE: A 36 C to a 34 C is not going “up” a size.

Editied to add: It will go down eventually as you lose body fat precentage. I'm a "big" girl too,l so I feel your pain. (large cup, normal band) I have to go to a boutique to get a properly fitted bra. Most "mall" type stores don't have options for girls larger than a "D" cup. As long as you're not suffering back or shoulder pain, I say try to embrace your shape. A lot of women pay large $$$ to have a large cup size like us. :drinker:

Well when it comes to cups the cup of a 34c is not the same as a 36c so if her band went down and her cup stayed the same she would have to increase her cup in order to make up the difference in the smaller cup of the bra.....

In a perfect world it shouldn't matter. A "d" cup is a "d" cup regardless of the size of the band. However there is little consistently in bras, especially with the larger sizes in cheaper brands, so i understand why someone is a C in brand x and a D in brand y.
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options

OK I can tell you right now what the problem is - you went to Victoria's Secret. They suck and are always wrong. The sales people aren't trained correctly and are just trying to sell the bras they have, and they only have regular size bras (A-D), not larger ones. It's a temporary job for those sales people and they don't care about helping you.

^^ This! Get fitted at a specialty boutique at the very least if you don't live near the OPs recommended store. I was so surprised because I believed NO WAY they could be bigger than a C or D. My band was too big and my cup was too small.

Everything fits so much better now, although I'm envious of girls who are able to fit into smaller bras. I can never take advantage of those “3 bras for $30” type sales.
  • Shays0518
    Shays0518 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Also if you have a Soma near you, they have excellent bras and they do a good fitting. It's not a "how sexy can you look" kinda bra store. ;-)
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 and went from a 38C to a 36D! She actually measured me at 36DD .. I was like "measure again".. and again came up with that. I fit into a 36D and so I kept it that way. My bras fit fine. No way am I that huge! lol. Wait, I should be PROUD to have a 36DD, right??:laugh:
  • fairyT83
    fairyT83 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are losing from your back and torso, but not your chest!? I can wear a 36H or a 38GG!
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    I would also get a second fitting. I actually went to Victoria Secret to be measured and the person measured me wrong. When I gained the 40# I needed to be resized. I actually went to a different store. I was almost crying because I was so sad I had gotten so big. I had a older woman measure me and she help me pick out a few new ones and she told me to get one with more support. So it might just be the first person might have been wrong. You never know. Good luck
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I went to Victoria Secret a few weeks ago to get measure. To see if I went down a size because of my weight loss. My band size went down, but my cup remain the same so it went up a size. I read online to figure out your cupsize is the difference between your band and bust.

Victoria's secret "sizing" is completely inaccurate. I would go somewhere else.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    If you lose in the band (aka back fat) and not in the cup, your measured cup size will increase. Yes, I went from 34DD to 32DDD.
  • dup32
    dup32 Posts: 68
    Options
    I went from 40D to now a 36B... at first I was sad when I wasn't loosing ghe girls.. but now I wished I still had some of the fullness. I was just measured again yesterday and they did measure band size correctly but still measured a C cup. but because I lost top volume the C cup was too big on the top soooo a B felt better even though it has a little less coverage...
    I think this loss of volume is different for each of us and you just have to consider the best fit for you and not think of the cup band sizes...
  • cwanek726
    cwanek726 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've had the same situation, my band size has gone down considerably, but my old bras that used to be too small around, now fit around but are too small in the cup. I'm actually having to go into a much larger cup size than I was previously, (DDD to now a G or H). I'm sure it will change again as I continue to lose the weight. You are definitely not the only one this happens to.
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 6 pounds but I've really toned my waist and I suspect the muscles underlying the breast tissue so right now, although my bra size (42D) hasn't changed, I feel like Dolly Parton - definitely leading with my chest. I would be quite happy to lose some weight there but I suspect it will be one of the last places I do.
  • mrshoneydew
    Options
    I went down a cup size (36DD to 36D) but my band seems to be the same which is what usually happens when I lose weight, but my mom who has also lost weight went up a size. I think it may be that certain people's weight redistributes?
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

That's your problem right there. VC makes bras a bit smaller than others. VC sizes to department store sizes do NOT match up.

I moved to VC when I was tired of department stores telling me I had A cups. I wanted B cups, damn it!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hmm, never heard of going up a size with weight loss. Mine didn't go down a cup size, though the band size dropped. It really just depends on your genetic makeup. Double D cup at a healthy weight is unusual, but not unheard of. Once your at goal if they are still that big you'd likely be covered by insurance for a reduction (if you wanted one).
  • pocketmel
    Options
    You are incredible. I am glad to hear how happy you are. It encourages me and I just started.:drinker: Cheers!
  • pocketmel
    Options
    I am a 34dd when I have been wearing a 36B for the past 10 years...and I feel like I am wearing the same bra-size. I am as confused as the next one.:huh:
  • pocketmel
    Options
    Yah well, I can tell you that my gf is quite happy with my new dd's.:tongue: I on the other hand hate it. They are just more in the way!
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Valerie, Anything i would say, you wouldn't like but from a mans standpoint going up in cup size is a plus!!!!

Basil