Mason
    Buddy
    Keleb
    Jake
    Or just name him after your patner and call him junior xx
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    My advice. 1) Make sure he will be able to spell it when he starts school. 2) Make sure it's something everyone else will know how to pronounce (it's freakin' awful when teachers, potential bosses, etc. can't get your name right and you have to correct them). 3) Make sure the initials of his name, nicknames, etc. are not cause for jesting from the other kids. It might be funny to YOU, but that's just not fair.

My niece named her daughter Lillian… she ends up being called Lily… and has a last name of White. So, now she's Lily White… but she is definitely NOT, if you know what I mean! LOL
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Just be done with it and call him Welfare
    that's arl *kitten* haha
  • arizonaladybug
    arizonaladybug Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love the Name Carter! Congratulations!! :)
  • arizonaladybug
    arizonaladybug Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    or Jaxson Jax for short!
  • PeteyogiW
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm 6 months pregnant, and hubs and I aren't sure of what to name our son.

Ideas?

(This is all in good fun, so please don't take it too seriously folks!)
    Whats your surname? That would help :-)
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    my sons names are joshua, paul, enoch and joseph i will share lol..
  • Bonquisha
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm 6 months pregnant, and hubs and I aren't sure of what to name our son.

Ideas?

(This is all in good fun, so please don't take it too seriously folks!)
    Whats your surname? That would help :-)

I'd rather not say publicly if you don't mind. It starts with a C.
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Josiah.
  • PeteyogiW
    Options
    Dane is a cool name :-)
  • chunkyjeff
    chunkyjeff Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    How about Pubert !!!
  • stillthesamegirl
    stillthesamegirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Perry.
  • GoddessAmy
    GoddessAmy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Remember, this poor kid has to live with what you pick for the rest of his life.

1) Find something that sounds ok with your last name - NO RHYMING. (Eben Snedden, Colin Collins, bad ideas...)

2) Avoid Dog Names. We foster for a rescue group - do you know how many dogs are named Rex, Max, Bo, Dakota and Murray? Ask yourself - Do I really want my beautiful child and the dog next door to share a name...?

3) Consider the NickNames associated with that name.

4) Consider the meaning of the name and whether people see it positively. There are tons of baby names sites on the internet where you can look this up. Example, name Cecilia is ok, until you find out it means Dim Sighted...

5) Do you have any cool family surnames on either side of the family? They can be unique and meaningful.

6) Ask youseld "Will my child be teased if I name him XXXXX" (fill in the blank). You probably don't want the answer to be yes...

7) Don't tell people your top choices or selections until the name is given - it's amazing how unfeeling people can be in giving you their opinion. This applies to family members and friends as well as acquaintances too!

8) If your last name is King, then **** is NOT a good first name choice. Think about it!

9) Is there someone you admire that you would find inspirational?

10) Pick up a name book at a used bookstore - it's cheap and may give you lots of ideas - or help you weed out names!

Blessing to you all!
  • CarSidDar
    CarSidDar Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    as someone with a name spelled a little unconventionally, i highly recommend spelling the name how people expect to see it. It is frustrating for over 50 years telling people "yes, there really is an e on the end. No I did not spell it incorrectly"

It is amazing how many people correct your spelling of your own name. I've even had people argue with me.

So, pick a "regular" name and spell it "correctly".
  • CarSidDar
    CarSidDar Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    p.s. I think a lot of people here watch too much television :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Remember, this poor kid has to live with what you pick for the rest of his life.

1) Find something that sounds ok with your last name - NO RHYMING. (Eben Snedden, Colin Collins, bad ideas...)

2) Avoid Dog Names. We foster for a rescue group - do you know how many dogs are named Rex, Max, Bo, Dakota and Murray? Ask yourself - Do I really want my beautiful child and the dog next door to share a name...?

3) Consider the NickNames associated with that name.

4) Consider the meaning of the name and whether people see it positively. There are tons of baby names sites on the internet where you can look this up. Example, name Cecilia is ok, until you find out it means Dim Sighted...

5) Do you have any cool family surnames on either side of the family? They can be unique and meaningful.

6) Ask youseld "Will my child be teased if I name him XXXXX" (fill in the blank). You probably don't want the answer to be yes...

7) Don't tell people your top choices or selections until the name is given - it's amazing how unfeeling people can be in giving you their opinion. This applies to family members and friends as well as acquaintances too!

8) If your last name is King, then **** is NOT a good first name choice. Think about it!

9) Is there someone you admire that you would find inspirational?

10) Pick up a name book at a used bookstore - it's cheap and may give you lots of ideas - or help you weed out names!

Blessing to you all!

I've been catching up on this thread today, and there's a lot of good suggestions in here, both humorous and not.

My husband and I are going for a "normal" name, though we don't want him to share a name with a family member. Since we both have a huge family, this is challenging.

Thank you all for the suggestions! I have read them all.

P.S. Hubs says Optimus Prime, Batman Megatron, and Bruce Lee are all TOTALLY AWESOME.
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Magnus
    Dimitri
    Titus

my 2 year olds middle name is Magnus :) I love that name!
  • whatwouldmulderdo
    whatwouldmulderdo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Could always go with my fiance's name...Beowulf.