Beautiful Bride!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• SazzyDavs
    Options
    Happy to be on board with you all! I started tracking on here several months ago, but fell off the wagon. Now I'm back with almost exactly 1 year until my wedding. I'd love to be down 50 lbs by then, and I'm feeling extra motivated right now because I tried on wedding dresses on Saturday. I think I found the one, but I was pretty discouraged that I couldn't try on many dresses I liked because this particular chain store can't order plus sizes to try on - you have to buy it! Such crap, but also motivation to get back into regular store sizes.

Biggest challenges are carb/sugar cravings and very little time or energy for exercise (I'm working 12 hour days until January).

Thanks for the motivation! I know we can do it!
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in 19 days!!! Surreal. The PP's have great advice, and I would add: find an exercise that can be a break. Stress builds, even if you're generally laid-back, and it's discouraging when working out feels like another to-do. I like hot yoga because it works my whole body, I get sufficiently sweaty and sore, and we spend the last 10 minutes of class flat on our backs in "final relaxation." As a type-A person, having some class-sanctioned naptime is invaluable!
  • Canderson58054
    Canderson58054 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    First of all I think all brides are beautiful! I got married last October. I spent TWO years- planning and making my own decorations, doing my own flowers, my own invitations, blah blah blah....LOL I had it in my head what the perfect day was going to be. Few months before hand, I got an infection in my foot/leg. Infection got into my blood and I almost died. I got out of the hospital two weeks before the wedding, and I was on crutches, and on iv antibiotics. We still wanted to get married, so we got married in our jeans and a nice shirt, and had our parents, some siblings there, and each of our best friends there. It was still the perfect day, just not the one i orginally had pictured. It was perfect because we were each marrying our soulmate, the one we wanted to spend the rest of our life with. I hope you have a wonderful day- and it's all you want. Just keep in mind that it will be the best day of your life regardless of how you look, because your marrying the one you love.

NOW, as far as late nate snacking goes. Here is how i have helped mine. (used to do the same thing) If i want a snack later in the night- first i fill my 32 oz bottle of water and drink it first. Wait 5-10 mins. If your still craving that snack-- grab a piece of fruit or a veggie. I don't see yourself saying " OMG i feel so bad-- i snacked on veggies and fruit tonight" About halfway between supper and bedtime, I have a fruit smoothie with a scoop of protein powder and I am still loosing weight. SO- I think its more of what you're eating and if you still have calories left over that are the big issue :)
  • RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much to everyone!!!!! Such great suggestions and stories. I know that my fiance love sme no matter what but I want to love myself. On top of the wedding I also want to get healthy for me and for my kids. I have several health issues that will eb helped with losing the weight. Im feeling good ladies!!! THANK YOU :drinker: